NY’s Empire State Building Under Attack; Don’t Let the Bedbugs Bite!August 23rd, 2010 - 10:06 pm ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
Aug 23 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The Empire State Building in New York is under attack, after surviving the Great Depression, King Kong’s climb, and a bomber crashing into it, the iconic location is now attempting to come back from an infestation of tiny little parasites known as bedbugs.
According to reports from ‘The New York Daily News’, exterminators were called in to the Empire State Building last week to try and rid the location of bedbugs which were thriving in an employee changing room which is located in the basement of the famous tower.
The infestation is said to be under control,and was reportedly started when an employee brought the tiny blood sucking creatures into the building on his clothes. The following statement was released by a spokesperson for the building, “Like so many other buildings in New York City, the Empire State Building had a small incident of bedbugs. The occurrence was specific to a uniform storage area in the basement of the building. The area has been treated and fully cleared.”
Tourists, and other New Yorkers don’t believe it for a minute, however, since bedbugs are extremely hard to get rid of completely. These bugs have recently been discovered in New York theaters, clothing stores, office buildings, and luxury apartments. Eleven thousand complaints for bedbugs were turned in to the city last year alone.
- Abercrombie-Owned SoHo Hollister Ignored Bedbug Infestation for 3 Weeks! - Jul 02, 2010
- Names Of The Most Bedbug Infested Cities In America Revealed - Aug 25, 2010
- Google's New York office bugged with bedbugs - Sep 06, 2010
- Most Bedbug Infested Cities' Names Revealed - Aug 25, 2010
- Google Bitten By Bedbugs Finally! - Sep 06, 2010
- Google's New York City Office Gets Bedbugs - Sep 06, 2010
- New York braces for an attack of bedbugs - May 02, 2011
- Survey says that bedbug problem in US is pervasive - Jan 13, 2011
- Bedbugs Infest SoHo's Hollister Retail Store - Jul 02, 2010
- Bedbug Problem Is Pervasive, Survey Says - Jan 13, 2011
- Rising immigrants in Russia leading to increase in bed bugs - Jun 20, 2010
- American Survey Illustrates That The Problem And Fear Of Bedbugs Is Pervasive - Jan 13, 2011
- Waldorf-Astoria Sued By Plymouth Couple Over Bedbugs - Nov 05, 2010
- Bed Bugs shut down Hollister store in SoHo - Jul 02, 2010
- Repulsive smell could fight bed bug infestation in homes - Apr 01, 2011
Tags: bedbugs, changing room, clothing stores, empire state building, exterminators, great depression, king kong, luxury apartments, new york daily news, new yorkers, occurrence, office buildings, parasites, spokesperson, storage area, surviving the great depression, theaters, tourists, uniform storage, york daily news