Now, a toolkit for dyslexic students in Indian schoolsJuly 25th, 2012 - 12:47 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 24 (IANS) Schools in the country can now have an easy learning tool kit for dyslexic children, making learning easy for such students with reading and spelling disabilities. The kit was launched here Tuesday for the first time by a publishing house.
The psychologically screening test, Dyslexia Screening Test (DST), identifies children at risk for dyslexia - a neurological condition that affects 10 percent children in the country.
“The DST is globally recognized as the most successful and effective screening tool for dyslexia. It empowers the teachers to identify academic problems before children fail, and helps them to learn,” said Angela Fawcett, vice president of British Dyslexia Association.
“These conditions and other learning difficulties lead to failure and distress for up to 20 percent children across the world,” Fawcett added.
The tool kit, launched by Pearson Clinical and Talent Assessment, will help train school teachers, special educators and psychologists across schools in India. The kit, costing Rs. 9,700, containsg learning tools such as a manual, flash cards, wooden beads, scoring sheets and Indian norms.
“The kit aims to reach out to 8,000 English-medium schools across eleven cities,” said Nitin Anand, senior product development leader with the Pearson group.
- Neuroimaging 'predicts' which dyslexics will learn to read - Dec 21, 2010
- Pearson India flags off rural school library project - Sep 05, 2011
- Did Da Vinci's dyslexia help him to be a master painter? - Nov 12, 2010
- Dyslexia secret of Da Vinci and Picasso's success - Nov 14, 2010
- Centre to improve school education launched - Aug 09, 2012
- Sir Jackie Stewart: I was millimetres away from a life of violence - Nov 02, 2010
- 'Indian teachers still not trained to tackle dyslexia' (With Image, Sep 5 is Teacher's Day) - Sep 05, 2009
- Tetra Pak India joins Coca-Cola-NDTV 'Support My School' campaign - Aug 07, 2012
- Pearson, Pratham Books ink deal to carry story books to villages - Oct 26, 2010
- Dyslexia defined: 'Uncoupling' between IQ and reading - Dec 18, 2009
- Pearson, Micromax launch e-learning toy for kids - Apr 03, 2012
- Beware of attack tool kits from malicious websites: Symantec - Jan 25, 2011
- No link between dyslexia and lack of musical ability - Apr 09, 2010
- Innovative toolkit to speed up learning in dyslexic kids - Jan 27, 2010
- Pearson gets control over TutorVista for Rs.577 crore - Jan 18, 2011
Tags: academic problems, british dyslexia association, children at risk, development leader, dyslexic children, dyslexic students, english medium schools, flash cards, learning difficulties, learning tools, manual flash, neurological condition, pearson group, publishing house, school teachers, screening test, screening tool, tool kit, train school, wooden beads