Now, a chocolate that keeps your heart healthyNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:42 am ICT by admin
The company said the product is particularly beneficial for people with Type-2 diabetes, as it contains no sugar, as well as for those with high cholesterol.
“It works to keep your heart healthy while satisfying the most sinful chocolate craving,” the Daily Mail quoted a spokesman for the company, as saying.
“Heart Chocolate is the only chocolate bar equipped with CM-X, an ingredient scientifically and clinically proven to lower blood sugar and high cholesterol. It also acts as an anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant,” the spokesman added.
The chocolate bar is divided into thirds of 60 calories each, designed to offer three times daily satisfaction for chocolate cravings.
The spokesman said that eating three squares a day will bring results in three weeks.
“CM-X is a major advancement over raw cinnamon and other products containing standardised extracts of cinnamon. In fact, our concentrated extracts contain 30 times the concentration of beneficial molecules,” he said.
Innovative said that the health benefits of the CM-X chocolate have been approved by Health Canada.
“There has been an increased awareness about all the health benefits of chocolate. It is particularly noted for its anti-oxidant properties,” Company president David Solomon said.
“By adding the highly concentrated extracts of cinnamon and bitter melon, we have created a delicious and healthy chocolate snack that can actually help treat diabetes, high cholesterol and related cardiovascular conditions,” he added.
Heart Chocolate is on the market at 1.75 pounds a bar and is available to buyers who go online at www.heartchocolate.ca. (ANI)
- Does cinnamon beat heart disease, diabetes? - Aug 27, 2010
- Chocolate good for heart, diabetic patients: Study - Jun 04, 2010
- Can dark chocolate control diabetics' cholesterol levels? - Oct 18, 2010
- How chocolates protect against heart disease - Feb 08, 2011
- Chocolate may cut cholesterol levels but only in some people - Jun 03, 2010
- Spices stave off negative effects of fatty meals - Aug 11, 2011
- What makes for more healthy eggs? - Aug 04, 2011
- Vegetables, grain cut stroke risk in women - Dec 04, 2011
- Cinnamon extract may reduce diabetes, heart disease risk - Aug 25, 2010
- Chocolate healthier than many fruit juices - Feb 07, 2011
- Go for dark chocolate, red wine to keep your partner heart-healthy this Valentine's - Feb 11, 2011
- Want to lose weight? Eat dark chocolate! - May 02, 2011
- Dark chocolate may be good for your heart - Aug 17, 2010
- Tart cherries may reduce inflammation, risk factors for heart disease - Apr 13, 2011
- 'Super food' dark chocolates are healthier than fruits: Study - Feb 07, 2011
Tags: anti oxidant, beneficial, bitter melon, blood sugar, cardiovascular conditions, chocolate bar, chocolate craving, chocolate cravings, cinnamon, david solomon, extracts, health benefits, heart healthy, high cholesterol, innovative life, keep your heart, mail, president david, spokesman, type 2 diabetes