Noida cops to curb sound pollutionJanuary 23rd, 2012 - 10:37 pm ICT by IANS
Noida, Jan 23 (IANS) Delhi’s satellite town Noida Monday became only the third city in the country where police will take action against noise pollution from generator sets, officials said.
A statement from Noida police and civil society organisation Satya Foundation said anyone suffering from noise pollution due to a generator which has not been covered by a canopy can now complain to the police.
“Anyone suffering from noise pollution from canopy-less generators can approach the police and get relief in 15 working days,” Deputy Inspector General of Police (Noida) Jyoti Narayan said at a workshop organised for police officers by the foundation.
Noida will be the third place to implement this after Varanasi and Agra, a police spokesperson said.
Founder secretary of the foundation Chetan Upadhyaya said sound level from canopy-less generators is between 100 to 140 decibles, which can create health problems for people.
“Installing canopies and other sound proofing devices will reduce the noise level to 75 decibles,” he said.
According to various studies, high noise pollution effects not only hearing power, but also the brain.
- Two arrested in Varanasi for noise pollution - Nov 26, 2009
- Varanasi makes a noise about noise pollution - Dec 02, 2009
- Pune devotees' find answer to noise pollution curbs - Sep 04, 2012
- Diwali quieter this year in Mumbai, says NGO study - Oct 28, 2011
- Noisy planes will not be allowed in Delhi, DGCA tells court - Jun 03, 2010
- Rising man-made noise pollution levels threatening fish - Jun 02, 2010
- Delhi High Court admits plea to stay IIT-JEE result - May 07, 2010
- Shiv Sena in trouble over Dussehra rally - Oct 20, 2010
- 160 noise monitoring stations in India by next year - Oct 24, 2010
- 'Want to live long: Stay away from noisy plane's path' - Oct 12, 2010
- Noise monitoring network launched - Mar 24, 2011
- Abu Dhabi police to crack down on noise polluters - Jun 08, 2012
- Court refuses to stay IIT-JEE 2010 result - May 19, 2010
- A Singur in the making in Uttar Pradesh? - Jan 07, 2010
- Enforce noise laws during polls, Prithviraj Chavan urged - Feb 04, 2012
Tags: canopy, chetan, civil society organisation, decibles, deputy inspector general, generator sets, generators, health problems, jyoti, narayan, noise level, noise pollution, police officers, police spokesperson, pollution effects, satellite town, satya, sound pollution, upadhyaya, varanasi