NIMHANS now institute of national importanceOctober 20th, 2010 - 3:34 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 20 (IANS) The National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences (NIMHANS), Bangalore was Wednesday announced as an institute of national importance by the union cabinet, an official statement said here.
“The union cabinet today approved the proposal of the ministry of health and family welfare to declare National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences (NIMHANS), Bangalore as an institute of national importance,” the statement said.
A legislation in this regard will be brought to the parliament as the cabinet also approved introduction of the National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences Bangalore Bill, 2009.
“This will facilitate NIMHANS to develop patterns of teaching, with the flexibility to device new courses, constantly evolving syllabi. The Institute will be able to take up new courses that are required and are not currently part of the MCI approved courses,” the statement said.
The status puts the institute on the same level with the All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh and Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research, Puducherry.
- NIMHANS to be an institute of national importance - Oct 20, 2010
- Parliamentary approval for NIMHANS Bill - Sep 04, 2012
- Boost for research in mental health, neuro-sciences - Jan 20, 2012
- Once a mental asylum, NIMHANS hails new status - Oct 20, 2010
- Need to strengthen mental health services in country: Azad - Jan 20, 2012
- Over 120 doctors quit government hospitals - Mar 02, 2011
- MBBS students call off agitation in Meghalaya - Jul 05, 2011
- Legislative business in monsoon session (With '13/20: Another low-yield parliament session ends') - Sep 07, 2012
- MCI calls meeting to reform medical curriculum - Mar 28, 2011
- 20 million need mental health care: Expert - Oct 11, 2011
- Nimhans wants Jyoti Basu's 'agile' brain for research (Lead) - Jan 20, 2010
- Dutch varsity to do research in eye care in India - Aug 22, 2012
- Government taking steps to retain best doctors: Azad - Aug 27, 2010
- Yoga effective in treating psychiatric disorders - Sep 20, 2011
- Kashmir trashes MCI notification for medical courses - Jan 11, 2011
Tags: all india institute of medical sciences, all india institute of medical sciences new delhi, chandigarh, flexibility, graduate institute, india institute, institute of mental health, jawaharlal, mci, ministry of health, ministry of health and family welfare, national institute of mental health, neuro sciences, nimhans bangalore, parliament, post graduate, postgraduate medical education, proposal, regard, union cabinet