NHAI has right to remove encroachments: CourtMarch 30th, 2009 - 9:30 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 30 (IANS) The Delhi High Court Monday justified the National Highway Authority of India’s (NHAI) move to demolish a boundary wall and dismissed the Apollo Hospital’s plea against it.
A division bench of Justices Mukul Mudgal and Vipin Sanghi said the NHAI has full right to demolish the encroachment and has worked within its jurisdiction.
Earlier, the court commissioner of south Delhi submitted before the court that the super-speciality hospital set up in collaboration with the Delhi government had encroached at least 25 square feet of land along the national highway to Faridabad.
The hospital also has some illegal constructions on its premises and has been using the basement by opening canteens and shops, the court commissioner said in a report.
- High court issues notice to Bukhari, ASI (Lead) - May 31, 2012
- NHAI, Gurgaon expressway operator get time for talks - Aug 30, 2012
- Railways appeals single judge's order on competition panel - Feb 28, 2012
- Considering out-of-court solution on expressway: NHAI - Aug 06, 2012
- DGSCL files contempt petition against NHAI - Mar 27, 2012
- Residents drag wakf board to court over prayers (Lead) - Dec 22, 2011
- Court stays information panel's order to RBI on RTI plea - Dec 09, 2011
- Apex court slams civic officials for illegal constructions - Jun 01, 2011
- Land reclaimed after mosque demolition, DDA tells court (Lead) - Jan 14, 2011
- NHAI, private firm settle Gurgaon toll plaza issue - Jul 05, 2012
- High court refuses to stay "Shanghai" release - Jun 06, 2012
- We have reclaimed land from mosque, DDA tells court - Jan 14, 2011
- 'Accidents rise on Delhi-Gurgaon expressway' - Apr 13, 2012
- Court restrains NHAI on contract termination - Mar 02, 2012
- Ghaziabad residents give suggestions on highways - Aug 05, 2012
Tags: apollo hospital, boundary wall, canteens, court commissioner, delhi government, delhi high court, division bench, encroachment, illegal constructions, mukul, national highway authority of india, New Delhi, nhai, plea, premises, sanghi, south delhi, speciality hospital, square feet, vipin