New building for Mumbai hospital (With images)September 17th, 2012 - 11:00 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Sep 16 (IANS) Mumbai’s KEM Hospital, the original structure of which is housed in a heritage building, will Monday inaugurate its new multi-storey building that has been constructed at a cost of around Rs.40 crore, a civic official said.
Located amidst the busy streets of Parel in south central Mumbai, the main building of the King Edward Memorial (KEM) Hospital and Seth Gordhandas Sunderdas Medical College is an 80-year-old heritage structure built of stone and teakwood in 1926.
The premises of the hospital and college have also been restored.
The new 20-storey building will have added facilities of community hall, cyber cafe, ATMs, kitchen and dining room, entertainment centres, gymnasium, changing rooms, dormitories for students of the medical college and staff quarters.
The inauguration will be done by Shiv Sena executive president Uddhav Thackeray. Other leaders like municipal commissioner Sitaram Kunte, parliamentarian Milind Deora and Mumbai mayor Sunil Prabhu will also mark their presence at the occasion.
- Mumbai offers insurance to Ganeshotsav revelers - Aug 08, 2012
- Fire in Kolkata building, one killed - Mar 30, 2012
- Insurance cover sought for Mumbai festival revellers - Jul 13, 2012
- Mukesh Ambani to shift to his new abode in Mumbai - Oct 16, 2010
- Gitanjali group inaugurates first gold-dispensing ATM - Oct 22, 2011
- CBI's swanky new office has gym, cafeteria (With images) - Apr 30, 2011
- Uddhav Thackeray discharged after angiography (Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- Shiv Sena's Prabhu refutes Adarsh allegations - Nov 02, 2010
- Uddhav Thackeray to undergo angioplasty Friday - Jul 20, 2012
- Four labourers fall to death - Sep 29, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,