Nepal president arrives in ChandigarhFebruary 4th, 2011 - 2:38 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Feb 4 (IANS) Nepal President Ram Baran Yadav, who is to be the chief guest at the 31st annual convocation of the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), arrived here Friday.Yadav, 62, will go to his alma mater, PGIMER, to attend the convocation. He did his post-graduation in internal medicine in 1985.
Yadav is also expected to interact with Nepalese students studying in Chandigarh, and to visit the house of a friend in neighbouring Panchkula town.
In the evening, Chandigarh Administrator and Punjab Governor Shivraj Patil will host a dinner for Yadav at the Punjab Raj Bhawan.
Yadav, who was sworn in as the first president of Nepal in July 2008, did his MBBS from the Calcutta Medical College.
His elder son Chandra Mohan Yadav and his daughter-in-law also studied from PGIMER.
Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad will preside over the convocation function Friday.
- Nepal president to attend Chandigarh institute convocation - Feb 03, 2011
- Nepal president to visit alma mater in Chandigarh - Jan 17, 2011
- Nepal's president gets nostalgic during visit to alma mater - Feb 04, 2011
- Chandigarh institute awards degrees to 330 students - Feb 04, 2011
- Nepal's strong Chandigarh connections - Aug 30, 2011
- Recorded message first, Nepal PM to follow - Oct 07, 2011
- Nepal President to meet PM next week - Jan 27, 2011
- Police deny woman died due to security rehearsal - Feb 05, 2011
- Kolkata college readies red carpet for old boy - Nepal's president - Jan 25, 2011
- Nepal President arrives on a ten-day state visit to India - Jan 27, 2011
- Staff strike hits Chandigarh medical institute - Feb 03, 2011
- Nepal President to arrive in India - Jan 27, 2011
- Nepal President recounts association with Kolkata - Jan 28, 2011
- Senior Haryana official found unconscious, hospitalized - Apr 14, 2012
- Nepal President meets SM Krishna - Feb 02, 2011
Tags: alma mater, baran, chandra mohan, chief guest, convocation, first president, ghulam nabi azad, graduate institute, health minister, internal medicine, mbbs, medical college, medical education, nepalese students, pgimer, post graduate, post graduation, president of nepal, punjab, yadav