Nationwide campaign to commemorate World Heart DaySeptember 23rd, 2010 - 9:30 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 23 (IANS) To commemorate World Heart Day on Sep 26 and motivate people to take care of their heart and health, a nationwide campaign was launched here Thursday, an official said.
The campaign, “Love Your Heart”, would be organised in 150 VLCC centres across 90 cities featuring counselling on the importance of healthy eating and physical activity for a healthy heart.
“Weight management is a significant part of preventive health care for a healthy heart. We hope to reach out to people across all walks of life with this campaign,” said Sandeep Ahuja, managing director of VLCC Health Care.
VLCC camps across India will have experts sharing fitness activity patterns for both the workplace and home, tips on leading a healthy lifestyle and maintaining the optimum weight, and healthy recipes and home remedies.
People with heart and weight problems will be offered free personalised diet counselling. There will also be interactive flexibility tests and fitness competitions with prizes.
- I don't believe in crash diets: Zarine Khan - Sep 29, 2011
- De-stress, eat jaggery to ensure baby isn't low birth weight - Dec 23, 2010
- Weight loss secures lasting benefits - Aug 03, 2012
- Exercise at work boosts output - Sep 08, 2011
- Britannia NutriChoice's healthy online 'Olympic' games - Jul 25, 2012
- Obese targeted at workplace - Sep 27, 2011
- Women want weight in right places: Rukhsar Rehman (With Images) - Aug 28, 2012
- 'Women hunched over desks for long gain weight' - Jul 11, 2012
- Smoking hasten cardiac problems, cancer in youngsters (May 31 is World No Tobacco Day) - May 30, 2012
- A quiet revolution saving rural children's lives (Aug 1-7 is World Breastfeeding Week) - Jul 31, 2011
- Exercise vital for mental fitness too - Feb 24, 2012
- Feeling lazy? Blame it on your genes - Sep 04, 2010
- Seven things to live up to 100 years - Oct 23, 2011
- Jane Fonda's new workout for the elderly - Sep 14, 2010
- Health food for heart patients, diabetics - Oct 16, 2011
Tags: activity patterns, counselling, diet, fitness activity, fitness competitions, flexibility, healthy eating, healthy heart, healthy lifestyle, healthy recipes, home remedies, managing director, New Delhi, optimum weight, physical activity, preventive health care, prizes, walks of life, weight management, world heart