Names needed to buy cold medicine in ChinaAugust 30th, 2012 - 5:05 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Aug 30 (IANS) People will have to register personal information when buying cold medicine in some parts of China, China Daily reported Thursday.
The new rules will take effect in Zhejiang province from Sep 10.
The public security authority has told drug makers and wholesalers to keep client documents when trading in medicines that contain ephedrine, which is used in illegal drugs.
Retailers also are required to register customers’ name, address, time of purchase and amount purchased.
- Chinese hacker leaks data of six mn people - Mar 22, 2012
- Four tonnes of drugs destroyed in China - Jun 03, 2012
- Chinese women forced to register for morning-after pill - Dec 29, 2011
- Chinese hair care company found using banned chemicals - Feb 02, 2011
- 22 Chinese held for producing toxic capsules - Apr 16, 2012
- China bans sale of mud snails after vomiting cases - Jul 20, 2012
- Fake medicines worth $30 mn seized in China - Nov 01, 2011
- Three Chinese robbers sentenced to death - Jul 19, 2012
- China's e-commerce giant hives off reward points service - Dec 20, 2011
- Drug scam: Details of visitors to Gilani's home sought - Apr 17, 2012
- Beijing man hits $90 mn jackpot - Jun 13, 2012
- 76 officials punished over medicine scandal in China - Aug 04, 2012
- 14 Chinese kids rescued from human traffickers - Mar 11, 2012
- Show your ID card to buy knives in Beijing - Jan 28, 2012
- Pakistan must check drug trafficking: daily - May 17, 2012