Mulligan to lead Memory WalkJune 23rd, 2012 - 6:54 pm ICT by IANS
London, June 23 (IANS) Actress Carey Mulligan, the ambassador of Britain-based Alzheimer’s Society, will join thousands of people in a Memory Walk in support of a dementia charity.
The walk will take place throughout England, Wales and Northern Ireland in September, reports dailystar.co.uk.
The cause is close to Mulligan’s heart because her grandmother was diagnosed with the condition when she was 15.
“Who will you walk with this September? Some people walk to remember a loved one. Others walk to do something great. All walk with one common goal - to fight dementia. Walk with us this September,” she said in a public service announcement of the event.
- Mulligan wore rain boots to wed Mumford - Apr 25, 2012
- Mulligan nursing her heart in a budget hotel - Oct 25, 2010
- Mulligan denied permission to click 'Gatsby' manuscript - Dec 29, 2011
- LaBeouf happy about Mulligan's marriage - Sep 07, 2012
- Carey Mulligan was hotel scavenger as child - Apr 04, 2010
- Dementia, a 'silent tsunami' - Apr 11, 2012
- Carey Mulligan wants seagull tattoo - Oct 17, 2010
- Alzheimer's hits women more severely than men - Aug 26, 2012
- Alzheimer's can be diagnosed with eye test - Aug 25, 2012
- Brain 'shrinks 10 years before Alzheimer's appears' - Apr 14, 2011
- It's Judi Dench not Cruise for Mulligan - Sep 19, 2010
- Ronan Keating swims Irish sea for charity - Sep 03, 2011
- Junk food could also damage brain, says study - Aug 30, 2012
- Mariah Carey's twins to star in mom's video - Nov 23, 2011
- Carey Mulligan terrified of driving - Sep 10, 2010