Mistaken alcohol use kills baby during surgerySeptember 3rd, 2010 - 3:20 pm ICT by IANS
New York, Sep 3 (IANS) A seven-month-old baby died after doctors at a hospital in the US flushed his system with alcohol instead of saline solution during a heart surgery.
The incident, termed as a terrible mistake, occurred while Tressel Meinardi underwent heart surgery at the Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center in Ohio Aug 21, the Herald Sun reported Friday citing cincinnati.com.
The injection of alcohol caused organ failure in the baby, a resident of Richmond in Indiana state.
“There’s no question a mistake was made,” Coroner O’dell Owens said.
Police are now investigating how the mistake occurred.
- Baby dies in Italy after being injected with milk - Jul 23, 2012
- Terrell Owens was hospitalized for overdose - Oct 12, 2011
- Nancy O'Dell Replaces Mary Hart - Nov 13, 2010
- Luke Fickell is the interim coach of the Ohio State University - May 30, 2011
- Richards throws baby shower for adopted daughter - Jul 25, 2011
- Mark Zimmer's Wife Vikki Died Of Natural Causes - Oct 13, 2009
- Another surgery conducted on Falak - Feb 20, 2012
- More alcohol sales sites mean more violence in neighbourhood - Feb 22, 2010
- My mum did everything against me being in show business: Barbra Streisand - Feb 13, 2011
- Falak fit to be discharged: Doctors - Mar 07, 2012
- Former NFL star Jack Tatum dies at 61 - Jul 28, 2010
- In rare case, woman delivers after ovarian tumour surgery - Feb 22, 2011
- Sania undergoes left knee surgery - Oct 08, 2011
- Ex-US vice president Cheney has heart transplant - Mar 25, 2012
- Mary Hart Replaced by Nancy O'Dell on Entertainment Tonight - Nov 10, 2010
Tags: alcohol, cincinnati children, coroner, dell, doctors, heart surgery, herald sun, hospital medical center, indiana state, month old baby, organ failure, richmond, s hospital, saline solution, terrible mistake, york sep