Mexico increases confirmed swine flu count to 49April 29th, 2009 - 10:48 pm ICT by IANS
Mexico City, April 29 (DPA) The number of confirmed swine flu infections in Mexico rose from 26 to 49, although the number of deaths was still at seven from the new strain of flu, according to laboratory results that Mexico’s health authorities made public Wednesday.
In total, there have been 159 deaths and 2,498 infections in Mexico’s flu epidemic. Of these, 1,311 remained in hospital. But most have not yet been identified as swine flu.
Late Tuesday, Mexican authorities corrected the number of people killed by swine flu from previously 20 to seven, in a process that was said to have been the result of “refining and analysis”.
“In the next 24 hours we will be able to know the results of 150 additional cases, and we will keep studying, with our own laboratory already in place and with the cooperation of the Centres for Disease Control in the United States and of Canada’s Health Ministry, all possible cases,” Mexico’s Health Minister Jose Angel Cordova Villalobos said late Tuesday.
- Swine flu toll rises to 159 in Mexico - Apr 29, 2009
- Mexico changes swine flu death toll to seven (Lead) - Apr 29, 2009
- Mexico swine flu toll rises to 22 - May 04, 2009
- Mexico raises number of swine flu cases to 312 - May 01, 2009
- No plan to close US-Mexico border over swine flu outbreak: Obama - Apr 30, 2009
- Mexico ends swine flu alert after 14 months - Jun 30, 2010
- Death rate from swine flu slows down in Mexico - Apr 28, 2009
- Swine flu probably originated in US, says Mexico - Mar 30, 2010
- US reports first swine flu death as epidemic spreads (Roundup) - Apr 29, 2009
- Swine flu outbreak easing in Mexico, says minister - May 04, 2009
- Mexico expects swine flu infections to peak at New Year - Nov 27, 2009
- Toll in Mexico's flu epidemic rises to 103 (Lead) - Apr 27, 2009
- Late alert? Mexico denies slow reaction to flu epidemic - Apr 29, 2009
- Swine flu 'most serious concern' for world: UN chief - Apr 28, 2009
- Mexico denies hiding information on flu - May 13, 2009
Tags: 311, april 29, canada, cooperation, deaths, flu, flu epidemic, flu infections, health authorities, health minister, health ministry, jose angel, laboratory results, mexican authorities, mexico city, swine flu, united states, villalobos