Manual to be released on Thyroid day FridayMay 24th, 2012 - 8:14 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 24 (IANS) To curb thyroid-related disorders, the Indian Thyroid Society (ITS) has said a clinical manual would be launched on the World Thyroid Day Friday to raise awareness about the disease.
“Recent studies have shown an alarming increase in thyroid disorders across India. We want to ensure that doctors and people focus on early diagnosis and treatment of thyroid disorders,” ITS president R.V. Jayakumar said Thursday.
May 25 is observed as World Thyroid Day.
“The manual will give the medical fraternity comprehensive information about the disease, which often goes undetected and undiagnosed. Nearly 1,500 textbooks would be distributed to medical colleges across India,” he said.
“Obesity, depression, fatigue, high cholesterol, infertility and many other conditions are often the direct result of undiagnosed and untreated thyroid conditions,” he said.
- Think thyroid this month - Jan 04, 2010
- Kajol urges women to take thyroid test - May 18, 2010
- Thyroid awareness campaign to be launched on Mother's Day - May 07, 2010
- Infertility, weight gain, depression? Get a thyroid test, say experts - Jan 06, 2009
- Study examines socio-economic consequences of sleep disorders - Dec 18, 2010
- Myths About Thyroid Disease Demystified - Jan 06, 2011
- Adolescents warned about 'Love Bug' on V-Day - Feb 13, 2011
- Patients with high cholesterol' 'not getting the treatment they need' - Feb 02, 2011
- Caring for inmates will boost public health, says experts - Nov 19, 2010
- Liver ailments rise in Kerala - Dec 21, 2011
- Chronic kidney disease rising in India: Doctors - Mar 07, 2012
- High levels of 'good' cholesterol linked to lower risk of Alzheimer's - Dec 14, 2010
- Baby fat can be a harbinger of serious disease later on - Nov 20, 2010
- Sleep disorder doubles cancer risk - Sep 05, 2012
- Stem cell research on treating diabetes still on: Experts - Nov 19, 2010
Tags: alarming increase, cholesterol, depression, diagnosis, doctors, fatigue, high cholesterol, India, infertility, jayakumar, may 24, medical colleges, medical fraternity, New Delhi, obesity, textbooks, thyroid, thyroid conditions, thyroid disorders, thyroid society