Madhya Pradesh to launch health project for rural girlsDecember 22nd, 2010 - 8:01 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, Dec 22 (IANS) Aiming to promote health and hygiene among adolescent rural girls, the Madhya Pradesh health department will soon provide sanitary napkins to them, a health ministry official said Wednesday.However, the official said, it is yet to be decided whether to distribute them free or with a nominal charge of Re.1 or Rs.5.
This is part of the National Rural Health Mission scheme, a pilot project of which will be implemented initially in nine districts of Madhya Pradesh. This will later be launched across the entire rural belt in the state.
The nine districts selected are Tikamgarh, Panna, Chhatarpur, Mandla, Dindori, Balaghat, Sagar, Dewas and Vidisha. The state health department will distribute the napkins through its Accredited Social Health Activist (ASHA) cadres.
Asha workers will also organise awareness campaigns among rural adolescent girls and rural health committees will monitor the progress of the project, said the official.
- One-rupee sanitary napkin scheme launched - May 16, 2011
- MP witnessing worst drought of the century: Shivaraj Singh Chouhan - Aug 19, 2009
- Bihar to provide sanitary napkins at nominal price - Jul 12, 2012
- Sanitary napkins for rural girls at Re.1 per pack now - Jun 16, 2010
- Rural girls to get free sanitary napkins in Tamil Nadu - Nov 04, 2011
- When a rural health centre works, it works wonders (Feature) - Oct 20, 2011
- Sanitary napkins can reduce cervical cancer risk: Survey - Feb 08, 2011
- Kanha's second orphaned tigress sent to Panna reserve - Nov 13, 2011
- Now, family planning counsellors at district hospitals - Jun 08, 2012
- Plan panel to tackle Bundelkhand drought - Sep 05, 2010
- Free sanitary napkins for students in government schools - Nov 29, 2011
- Women guides on jungle trails in Madhya Pradesh - May 31, 2011
- Roaring news! Translocated tigress gives birth - Dec 17, 2011
- Plan panel steps in to tackle Bundelkhand's drought miseries - Sep 05, 2010
- Janani Express at service of more women in Madhya Pradesh - May 13, 2010
Tags: activist, adolescent girls, awareness campaigns, dewas, health and hygiene, health committees, health ministry, health project, ministry official, national rural health, national rural health mission, panna, pilot project, sanitary napkins, social health, state health department