Lavasa Women’s Drive to spread cancer awarenessFebruary 13th, 2011 - 9:37 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Feb 13 (IANS) Aiming to spread cancer awareness, the third edition of the Lavasa Women’s Drive will be flagged off from Mumbai and Pune Feb 27, ahead of the International Women’s Day March 8, a company official said.An initiative of Lavasa Corporation Limited, in addition to Mumbai, Lavasa Women’s Drive will also be flagged off from Pune this year and converge in Lavasa where fun-filled activities have been planned for women.
“The drive has always captured multiple aspects - the fun, adventure and spirit of the modern Indian woman combined with her caring nature and passion for a social cause like prevention of cancer,” Lavasa Corporation President Rajgopal Nogja said.
This year, it will have an enhanced geographical footprint with two cars each representing eight new cities for the first time. The new additions besides Pune are New Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Nagpur and Panaji.
A total of 503 cars — 352 from Mumbai and 151 from Pune — and 2,011 women will participate in the event.
While the core focus of Lavasa Women’s Drive is to create awareness about women’s cancer, a large number of NGOs, women organisations, corporates and individuals will also participate to promote their individual causes and generate support.
Western India Automobile Association (WIAA) will provide support in the technical aspects, judging process and on-road coordination of the drive.
- Lavasa hosts its first Women's Car Rally - Mar 25, 2009
- Over 1000 Mumbai women drive to Lavasa for a cause - Mar 30, 2009
- Proud that a woman got Pakistan's first Oscar: Ali Zafar - Mar 05, 2012
- When Abhishek stood by women for a cause - Apr 09, 2009
- Conditional green nod for Lavasa hill city project (Roundup) - Nov 09, 2011
- Oxford University in land-grabbing row for its Indian campus - Aug 30, 2009
- Lavasa welcomes central clearance for hill city - Nov 09, 2011
- Environment ministry to hear Lavasa Thursday - Dec 08, 2010
- Lavasa disappointed at environment ministry's extended stay - Dec 15, 2010
- Women's car rally to spread word about cancer among children - Apr 25, 2011
- Environment ministry to give Lavasa decision Wednesday - Dec 14, 2010
- Dikshit flags off cancer awareness walk - Nov 06, 2011
- MoEF to submit Lavasa report in Bombay High Court - Jan 17, 2011
- Simple tests can tell who can drive after a stroke - Feb 22, 2011
- Dikshit flags off women's car rally for cancer cause - Apr 26, 2011
Tags: automobile association, bangalore, cancer awareness, chennai, core focus, corporates, footprint, hyderabad, indian woman, international women, kolkata, lavasa, nagpur, new additions, New Delhi, pune, technical aspects, two cars, western india, wiaa