Lahore doctors’ strike continuesJune 23rd, 2012 - 6:40 pm ICT by IANS
Lahore, June 23 (IANS) The strike by a section of the government hospital doctors in Pakistan’s Lahore city continued for the sixth day Saturday, forcing people to visit private clinics and even quacks, a newspaper said.
The outpatient departments (OPDs) of public hospitals in the city remained closed.
The strike, by junior doctors, has caused immense hardships to patients who come here from across Punjab province, The News reported.
The doctors have boycotted their duties from the outdoor wards to force the government to accept their demand for a “service structure” for them.
The OPDs of Mayo Hospital, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, Services Hospital, Jinnah Hospital and other public health facilities Saturday remained shut for patients.
- Eight children die as junior doctors continue strike - May 08, 2011
- Eight die as emergency services crippled in Andhra hospitals - Feb 11, 2012
- 10 die as emergency services crippled in Andhra hospitals (Lead) - Feb 11, 2012
- Strike hits Chhattisgarh's biggest hospital - Dec 11, 2009
- Junior doctors call off strike in Andhra - Feb 15, 2012
- Junior doctors' strike continues in Andhra - Feb 12, 2012
- Rajasthan doctors' strike claims 55 lives - Dec 28, 2011
- Women delivers baby near lift in Noida hospital - Nov 17, 2011
- Safdarjung doctors call off strike, get security assurance (Lead) - Sep 08, 2010
- Andhra junior doctors call off strike - May 09, 2011
- Resident doctors' strike in Rajasthan hits medical services - Sep 06, 2010
- Delhi's Safdarjung medicos go on hunger strike - Jun 01, 2010
- Medical services hit as junior doctors in Andhra intensify stir - Sep 03, 2012
- Lahore doctors urged to end strike - Jul 08, 2012
- Patients suffer as Jammu medical college employees intensify strike - Mar 12, 2010
Tags: ganga ram hospital, government hospital, hardships, hospital doctors, jinnah hospital, june 23, junior doctors, lahore city, mayo hospital, outpatient departments, pakistan, private clinics, public health facilities, public hospitals, service structure, sir ganga ram hospital, sixth day, wards