Krispy Kreme Cheeseburger: 1000 Plus Calorie “Luther Burger”August 18th, 2010 - 9:26 pm ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
Aug 18 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The State Fair across America, boasts snacks and treats of all kinds, including cream puffs, funnel cakes, and meat on a stick, but this year has a whole new dish guaranteed to tickle the taste-buds while clogging the arteries, known as the Krispy Kreme Cheeseburger.
These burgers are sold at around five dollars a piece, mostly at state fairs, but are also becoming available at different sporting event concession stands as well. The cheese burger of course has the regular cooked beef patty and melted cheese, but uses a Krispy Kreme donut for the bun.
For one dollar, customers can top the burger off with a treat which was everyone’s favorite last year, chocolate covered bacon, which was on a stick as last season’s treat, but has been placed on the burger this year. The executive chef at the Machine Shed, at the Wisconsin State Fair claims that the cheese burger on a donut bun with chocolate covered bacon is a thousand calories. Some suspect more.
What some people may not know, is that the original Krispy Kreme cheeseburger was known as the “Luther Burger”. According to ‘snopes.com’, it is believed that the bacon cheeseburger served on the donut was first made by Luther Vandross because he ran out of buns. It is also thought to be one of his favorite treats. Snopes confirms that the burger was named after the R&B star, but why is unclear.
- Krispy Kreme Burger: The Making of a "Killer" Snack - Aug 19, 2010
- Packed with 1000 calories, the Krispy Kreme Cheeseburger is not for the faint-hearted - Aug 18, 2010
- Krispy Kreme Cheeseburger To Be Introduced At The Wisconsin State Fair - Aug 18, 2010
- Krispy Kreme Cheeseburger: The Calorie Behemoth - Aug 18, 2010
- Doughnut Burgers And Deep-Fried Butter Represent The Popular New Foods At The State Fairs In America - Aug 11, 2010
- Donut bacon hotdog set to debut at the NY State Fair - Jul 19, 2012
- Applebees, Subway, others Honor Veterans Day - Nov 12, 2010
- Corn Dog Pizza wins blue ribbon at Minnesota State Fair - Sep 24, 2010
- Burger King's NY Pizza Burger is waistline buster at 2,520 calories - Aug 19, 2010
- Veterans Day 2009 free meals locations - Nov 12, 2009
- Krispy Kreme Challenge raises $40,000 for a North Carolina hospital - Feb 07, 2010
- Now, fast food 'porn' website for anti-diet brigade! - Feb 18, 2010
- Burger King launches '1160-calorie Meat Monster' in Japan - Apr 13, 2011
- North Carolina State Fair All Set To Start - Oct 14, 2010
- Krispy Kreme All Set To Open New Store In Philadelphia - Oct 02, 2010
Tags: arteries, bacon, beef patty, bun, buns, burgers, cakes, calories, cheese burger, concession, executive chef, five dollars, krispy kreme donut, luther burger, luther vandross, snacks, snopes, state fairs, taste buds, wisconsin state