Krispy Kreme Burger: The Making of a “Killer” SnackAugust 19th, 2010 - 12:57 am ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
Aug 18 (THAINDIAN NEWS) In a country where obesity reigns, and citizens with trembling bellies, thundering thighs, and arteries which look similar to a New York City traffic jam are forever building the tastiest, most unhealthy snack foods possible, the Wisconsin State Fair has chosen to re-introduce an upgraded version of the Krispy Kreme Cheeseburger, once called the “Luther Burger”.
‘Snopes.com’ says that the Krispy Kreme Cheeseburger was a favorite of R&B star Luther Vandross, and came to be known as the “Luther Burger”. The building of this one thousand calorie, highly fattening, artery clogging delicious snack begin with cutting a Krispy Kreme donut in half, and then grilling it.
Once the donut has been grilled in even more grease, an all beef patty, either fried or grilled, and melted cheese are added. This makes up the “Luther Burger”. Fried bacon can also be added. ‘CBS’ called this version the potential “world’s unhealthiest snack” when it was sold in 2006 at the concession stand of the Gateway Grizzlies, a Minor League team whose ballpark is located just outside St Louis. The upgraded version gets even better.
The Wisconsin State Fair has brought the Krispy Kreme Cheeseburger to all new heights of fame and heart-felt tastinest, after combining it with their favorite snack of last year, which was…chocolate covered bacon on a stick.
And so, taking the “Luther Burger”, which was a cheeseburger with a donut bun, adding friend bacon, and then upgrading further by using chocolate covered bacon, you have the New and Improved Krispy Kreme Cheeseburger, America’s newest “killer” snack food.
- Krispy Kreme Cheeseburger: 1000 Plus Calorie "Luther Burger" - Aug 18, 2010
- Krispy Kreme Cheeseburger To Be Introduced At The Wisconsin State Fair - Aug 18, 2010
- Packed with 1000 calories, the Krispy Kreme Cheeseburger is not for the faint-hearted - Aug 18, 2010
- Krispy Kreme Cheeseburger: The Calorie Behemoth - Aug 18, 2010
- Doughnut Burgers And Deep-Fried Butter Represent The Popular New Foods At The State Fairs In America - Aug 11, 2010
- On Donuts Day Americans Gorge On The Free Snacks - Jun 05, 2010
- Donut bacon hotdog set to debut at the NY State Fair - Jul 19, 2012
- Applebees, Subway, others Honor Veterans Day - Nov 12, 2010
- Krispy Kreme Challenge raises $40,000 for a North Carolina hospital - Feb 07, 2010
- Veterans Day 2009 free meals locations - Nov 12, 2009
- Corn Dog Pizza wins blue ribbon at Minnesota State Fair - Sep 24, 2010
- Now, fast food 'porn' website for anti-diet brigade! - Feb 18, 2010
- Gordon Ramsay's cookbook named worst of 2010 for unhealthy recipes - Dec 21, 2010
- Krispy Kreme All Set To Open New Store In Philadelphia - Oct 02, 2010
- National Doughnut Day today - Jun 05, 2009
Tags: arteries, beef patty, bellies, bun, city traffic, concession stand, delicious snack, fried bacon, gateway grizzlies, krispy kreme cheeseburger, krispy kreme donut, luther burger, luther vandross, minor league team, snack food, snack foods, snopes, traffic jam, unhealthy snack, wisconsin state fair