Kellogg’s Recalls Its Cereals Following A Packaging IssueJune 29th, 2010 - 7:56 pm ICT by Pen Men At Work
June 29, 2010 (Pen Men at Work): Kellogg’s has been an integral part of breakfast for many families since the last few years. The brand has always maintained its health promises. But recently, things changed when an official statement from the company, recalled its products suspecting some packaging issues.
The company has recalled four popular cereals owing to a strange ’smell’ from the packaging boxes. These four varieties include the Corn Pops, Froot Loops, Apple Jacks and Honey Smacks, which are sugary staples of Kellogg’s.
While recalling the products, chief executive officer and president of Kellogg Company, David Mackay said, “We offer our sincere apology to our customers and consumers. We are working carefully and making sure that all the affected products are taken out of the market place very soon.”
The cereal brand is suspecting leakage of chemical into the cereal from the food packaging. So, Kellogg’s has recalled about 28 million boxes of the cereal.
The Food and Drug Administration has stated the reason for recall to be an uncharacteristic off-flavor from the liner in the Kellogg’s package. According to some other sources, a wax like substance is the reason behind this recall.
Warnings have been issued to the parents asking them not to give the cereals to their children as it may cause vomiting or diarrhea, especially in the sensitive kids.
Kellogg’s has given a telephone number (888-801-4163), which remains open from 8 AM to 8 PM as per the Eastern Time. The consumers can call up this number for any further information.
So, it is better to avoid these four varieties of Kellogg’s for a few days until the company resolves the issue.
- Kellogg's Cereal Recall Explained By The Company - Jun 29, 2010
- Kellogg issues a statement about the cereal recall - Jun 29, 2010
- Study Concludes That Less Sugary Cereals For Kids Activates Healthful Consumption By Those Kids - Dec 14, 2010
- Complaints Of Waxy Smell Leads Kellogg's To Recall Products - Jun 26, 2010
- Tylenol Arthritis Pain Caplet is being recalled - Jan 03, 2010
- Media character use on food packaging influence kids' taste assessment - Mar 08, 2011
- One Great Burger Beef Recalled By USDA - Jan 12, 2011
- Lara Dutta to endorse Kellogg's Special K - Dec 01, 2010
- Recall Alert: Johnson & Johnson Children's Benadryl & Motrin! - Nov 24, 2010
- Now, gorge on the moon and stars for breakfast - May 24, 2012
- 92,000 pounds of chicken nuggets recalled - Jul 21, 2010
- Sally Jackson Recalls Cheese Products Due To Potential E.Coli Contamination - Dec 20, 2010
- Bison Meat Recalled By Colorado Company - Jul 05, 2010
- Animal fat found in edible oil in China - May 24, 2012
- Toyota recalls 420000 vehicles over steering issue - Nov 10, 2011
Tags: apology, apple jacks, cereal, cereals, chief executive officer, corn pops, david mackay, diarrhea, eastern time, food and drug, food and drug administration, food packaging, honey, june 29, kellogg company, men at work, pen men, staples, strange smell, vomiting