Israeli firm develops online health platformApril 20th, 2012 - 10:45 am ICT by IANS
Jerusalem, April 20 (IANS) An Israeli company has launched a new online platform to help patients around the world share their doubts and experiences on health issues.
The First Line Research firm developed a website called Treato that condenses a wide range of illnesses, symptoms and treatments to help patients worldwide consult in a clear way, Xinhua reported citing the Ha’aretz daily.
With Treato, anyone typing a symptom will get a detailed list of possible illnesses and the drugs to treat them, as well as similar symptoms that can help them in their search.
“We collect everything people write about health. The statistical assumption is — if it doesn’t appear in the data, it doesn’t exist,” said First Line Research co-founder Gideon Mantel.
Patients can write and share their experiences on the platform, thus contributing to expand Treato’s database.
“The crowd decides what to write about. We simply organize it and lay it out for our users,” Mantel said.
At present the website has been adjusted to the US market and all the drugs mentioned in the forum are American. However, Treato will soon work to add details of other countries as well.
- Israel building rocket battalion - Apr 04, 2012
- Iran no threat to Israel: Mossad chief - Dec 30, 2011
- Majority of Israelis oppose unilateral Iran strike: Poll - Mar 08, 2012
- Israel mulls junk food tax to check expanding waistlines - Aug 02, 2012
- Israeli army to block social networking sites - Oct 20, 2010
- Patients' perceptions of illness affects outcome - Jan 30, 2012
- Majority of Israelis dissatisfied with Netanyahu - Aug 02, 2012
- Clinton's remarks on Israeli democracy spark lawmakers' ire - Dec 05, 2011
- Scientists simulate common cold virus in 3D for better drugs - Jul 17, 2012
- Brain scans to detect Alzheimer's decades ahead - Jul 12, 2012
- Israeli minister denies plans to strike Iran - Nov 08, 2011
- Lady Gaga Teams Up With Polaroid, Launching A New Range - Jan 03, 2011
- Yoga, medication helps improve asthma symptoms in urban adolescents - Apr 16, 2011
- Positive outcomes in rheumatoid arthritis linked to early diagnosis - Nov 24, 2010
- 'Housefull 2' - too many characters crowd this comic caper (IANS Hindi Film Review) - Apr 07, 2012