Is Breakfast The Most Important Meal Of The Day? Yes, Say ExpertsSeptember 10th, 2010 - 8:05 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Sep 10, (THAINDIAN NEWS) With the urban eating habits changing quickly, it is important for the people to understand the importance of each of the important and conventional meals of the day. Though as a child, one is excited about the idea of a scrumptious breakfast, with age one begins to take it for granted. As the office and college hours become longer, late nights have become more and more unavoidable and almost habitual for some. This leads to late rises which results in scrambling before heading out of the house that inevitably leads to the skipping of breakfast. Several experts feel, however, that skipping the first meal of the day is not actually the healthiest thing to do.
According to some nutrition experts, the skipping of breakfast leads to bad food habits for the rest of the day. They have explained that a person who skips breakfast usually ends up making up for it with a candy bar or some coffee to avoid the drowsiness. It also leads to a more voracious appetite by the lunch time. There is also a craving for more tasty and high calorie food in the afternoon if one avoids the breakfast.
Experts have also rubbished the idea that skipping breakfast is good for weight loss. They have explained that the body expects fuel at that time of the day and skipping it could lead to much unhealthier side-effects. A healthy breakfast consists of a meal that is rich in fiber and also high on protein. For those who are looking to lose weight, a heavy breakfast followed by a small lunch and an even smaller dinner is the best bet.
- Summer best time to shed weight - Apr 04, 2012
- Don't skip brain food - eat your breakfast - Jun 02, 2010
- Protein-rich breakfast wards off overeating - May 20, 2011
- A big breakfast 'won't help you shed those pounds' - Jan 17, 2011
- One in 10 teenage girls 'lives on one meal a day' - Oct 13, 2009
- Breakfast key to good health - Feb 20, 2011
- Having desserts for breakfast good for slimming - Feb 08, 2012
- Cereal with milk is healthiest way to start the day - Feb 19, 2011
- Skipping breakfast could cause diabetes in men - Apr 07, 2012
- Big breakafast beacons weight loss? Nay, says study - Jan 17, 2011
- Don't skip meals to shed weight - Jul 15, 2012
- 10 tips to keep your healthy habits intact during holidays - Nov 24, 2010
- Big Breakfast Makes You More Fat - Jan 22, 2011
- An egg a day keeps unwanted calories at bay - Dec 11, 2011
- Most Britons skip breakfast for an extra hour in bed - Apr 16, 2010
Tags: best bet, candy bar, coffee, drowsiness, eating habits, food habits, healthy breakfast, kar, lunch time, nutrition experts, protein, rest of the day, scrumptious breakfast, skipping breakfast, time of the day, voracious appetite, weight loss