Iron rods removed from youth’s stomachJanuary 3rd, 2011 - 11:44 pm ICT by IANS
Faridabad, Jan 3 (IANS) Doctors at a city-based private hospital Monday successfully operated upon a 20-year-old youth whose stomach was pierced by iron rods.Anil Kumar, a construction worker, was hit by a truck loaded with iron rods, two of which (around 25-30 mm thick) pierced his abdomen.
“The main challenge was to give anaesthesia as he could not lie flat because of the rods piercing his stomach injuring his pancreas, intestines and stomach. The rods were removed successfully after securing his vitals,” said N.K. Pandey, surgeon at the Asian Institute of Medical Sciences.
According to Pandey, part of Kumar’s damaged stomach had to be removed and his small intestines and liver were operated upon.
“A new passage has been devised so that the patient can eat in a normal way,” added Pandey.
- Surgeons remove eight-inch rod from boy's abdomen - Apr 09, 2009
- Ranchi doctors remove a six feet long iron rod from a child''s abdomen - Mar 12, 2009
- Man pierced by iron rods, saved by doctors - Mar 12, 2012
- Injured African student given 48 units of blood (Lead) - Apr 20, 2010
- Boy survives after being pierced by iron rod through stomach - Mar 12, 2009
- Doctors face tough challenge in saving impaled African (Second Lead) - Apr 20, 2010
- Two killed in Andhra mine accident - Jun 28, 2010
- Man survives extraction of iron rod in Dubai - Sep 02, 2010
- 6 kgs of iron removed from Indian man - Nov 29, 2011
- Doctors give new life to youth speared with two rods - Dec 30, 2009
- Man had toothpick in stomach for 25 years - Jun 27, 2011
- Achuthanandan demands removal of CBI officer - Jul 19, 2012
- Labourer survives but critical after pierced by iron rod - Feb 05, 2009
- Machine brings new hope for cancer patients (With Images) - Jun 19, 2011
- Functional artificial pancreatic tissue offers new hope to diabetics - Oct 08, 2010