Indian doctor head of Asian bariatric surgical societyOctober 23rd, 2010 - 8:02 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 23 (IANS) Pradeep Chowbey, an Indian laparoscopic surgeon, Saturday took over as the president of Asia Pacific Metabolic and Bariatric Surgical Society (APMBSS).
The APMBSS promotes the teaching and research of bariatric surgery in the Asia-Pacific region. Additionally, it recommends the guidelines for the management of patients with obesity.
Chowbey’s role would be primarily to develop, encourage and support organisations and all possible entities which contribute to sustain and improve the care of obesity patients, surgical and non-surgical.
Chowbey, director, Max Institute of Minimal Access, Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery, said: “Obesity as a disease is now assuming epidemical proportions. For combating morbid obesity, laparoscopic bariatric surgery is the proven best treatment.”
“This society offers the most recent update in the treatment of obesity and to learn the advanced laparoscopic bariatric surgery, we are expecting active participation of surgeons and physicians from the Asia Pacific Region.”
- Now simpler surgery for fistula patients - Jun 25, 2011
- Experts stress 5 musts before weight loss surgery - Jul 10, 2012
- Abu Dhabi to host obesity symposium - Oct 11, 2010
- Bariatric surgery cuts long-term cardiovascular risk in diabetics - Mar 31, 2011
- Trial underway to test whether surgery is best option for type 2 diabetes - Feb 11, 2011
- Obesity can lead to permanent knee damage: Studies - Feb 14, 2011
- Surgery can help obese teens lose weight, shows study - Mar 07, 2011
- Obesity can cause irreparable damage to knees - Feb 14, 2011
- 135-kg Afghan girl of 13 has weight loss surgery in India - Jan 22, 2012
- Hysterectomies should be performed 'vaginally or laparoscopically' - Nov 08, 2010
- Gastric bypass surgery 'can help lower cholesterol' - Jun 26, 2010
- Indian doctors give 250 kg Tanzanian new lease of life - May 06, 2011
- Organ removal through body orifices 'minimally invasive approach to surgery' - Mar 11, 2011
- 'Lifestyle deepens diabetes problem in India, China' - Jul 05, 2012
- Keyhole bowel cancer surgery is safe and effective: Study - Nov 05, 2010
Tags: asia pacific region, entities, indian doctor, laparoscopic bariatric surgery, laparoscopic surgeon, max institute, minimal access, morbid obesity, New Delhi, organisations, participation, physicians, pradeep, president of asia, proportions, treatment of obesity