India, Cuba to cooperate on natural medicine usageFebruary 18th, 2011 - 10:42 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 18 (IANS) Ties between India and Cuba may soon reach new levels after a top official of a medical research organisation in Havana met Indian scientists to discuss ways to enhance usage of natural medicine.Concepcion Campa, director of the Finlay Institute in Havana, met scientists and researchers from the Central Council for Research in Homoeopathy (CCRH), the Central Council for Research in Yoga and Naturopathy (CCRYN) and the Ayurvedic Research Centre, during a recent visit to the Indian capital, according to a statement from the Cuban embassy.
Both the Cuban scientist and Indian researchers analysed ways to foster the use and extension of natural medicine in Cuba, Prensa Latina reported.
Campa also told representatives from several Indian biotechnology companies about Cuba’s advances in the area of vaccines.
She spoke of the extensive immunisation programme in place in the Caribbean nation, which has reduced infant mortality to 4.5 per 1,000 live births.
She also spoke about the difficulties Cuba has faced in biotechnology due to the US-imposed blockade for over five decades.
Campa was invited to New Delhi by the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR).
- Cuba to start clinical trials of pneumonia vaccine - May 04, 2012
- Japanese experts help Cuba to develop aqua-farms - Sep 13, 2011
- Cuba achieves single shot vaccine for five diseases - Jul 20, 2010
- Cuban publishes book on history of ballet - Feb 22, 2012
- Cuba achieves one-shot vaccine for five diseases (Lead) - Jul 20, 2010
- Cuban president embarks on China, Vietnam trip - Jul 03, 2012
- Castro's China visit to help speed up Cuban economy (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Cuban, US scientists seek to cooperate - Dec 14, 2011
- Cuban lab makes medicine from banana peel - Apr 28, 2012
- Indian sports trainers get Cuban exposure (Lead) - Jan 20, 2011
- Cuba showcases cancer vaccines - Mar 06, 2012
- 2 million Cuban students get trained in arts - Jan 18, 2012
- Exotic cactus species found in Cuba - Jun 04, 2012
- Krishna to visit Cuba to further ties - Jun 12, 2012
- Cuba, Russia sign telecommunications pact - Mar 13, 2010
Tags: biotechnology companies, blockade, caribbean nation, cuba prensa latina, cuban embassy, decades, finlay, havana, homoeopathy, indian researchers, indian scientists, infant mortality, live births, medical research, natural medicine, naturopathy, New Delhi, research organisation, scientist, vaccines