Incentive for fast completion of AIIMS-like hospitalsNovember 16th, 2009 - 8:16 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 16 (IANS) Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad Monday announced an incentive of Rs. 10 crore (Rs.100 million) for early completion of the eight referral hospitals on the lines of the the lines of All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in the capital.
The government has proposed the construction of eight AIIMS-like institutions across the country by 2010-2011 in a move to relieve the pressure on the premier referral institution in New Delhi.
“The hospital complex is to be built in 24 months. An incentive of Rs.10 crores will be given to the state for the early completion of work,” said Azad.
The institutes are being set up in Patna (Bihar), Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh), Bhubaneswar (Orissa), Jodhpur (Rajasthan), Raipur (Chhattisgarh), Rishikesh (Uttarakhand), West Bengal and Uttar Pradesh at an estimated cost of Rs.332 crore ((Rs.3.32 billion) each.
All the hospitals would be 960-bedded and are intended to provide healthcare facilities in 39 speciality or super-speciality disciplines.
“The establishment of eight AIIMS-like institution and upgradation of 19 government medical colleges along with strengthening of health infrastructure at rural, district and state level will reduce the pressure on AIIMS,” he said.
AIIMS has emerged as country’s best referral hospital with over 1,800 beds. It treats over 9,000 people daily.
- With Rs.1,100 crore, AIIMS bags highest budget share - Mar 16, 2012
- AIIMS gets Rs.1,000 crore in budget - Feb 28, 2011
- AIIMS-Patna to start this year, says Ghulam Nabi Azad - May 24, 2012
- Rural India is short of 16,000 doctors - Mar 09, 2011
- Akhilesh seeks three more AIIMS-like institutes in UP - May 18, 2012
- AIIMS - a centre of medical excellence that caters to all (Lead) - Feb 06, 2009
- Two more AIIMS-like premier institutions coming up - Feb 06, 2009
- Lok Sabha passes bill for AIIMS-like institutes - Aug 30, 2012
- Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal to get AIIMS-like institutes: Azad - Jul 10, 2009
- Land identified for AIIMS-like institute in Sonia's constituency - May 08, 2012
- Six AIIMS-like institutions to be registered as societies - Aug 09, 2010
- Separate societies for six AIIMS-like institutions to be set up under PMSSY - Aug 26, 2010
- Punj Lloyd bags Rs.115 crore project for AIIMS-like hospital - Apr 30, 2010
- Work on AIIMS-like institution to begin in Chhattisgarh - Nov 04, 2009
- Need to stop doctors migrating abroad: Azad - Aug 14, 2011
Tags: aiims, all india institute of medical sciences, chhattisgarh, crore, crores, ghulam nabi azad, health infrastructure, health minister, healthcare facilities, india institute, jodhpur, medical colleges, raipur, referral hospital, referral hospitals, rishikesh, rural district, upgradation, uttarakhand, west bengal