Hosni Mubarak is gravely ill: ReportFebruary 14th, 2011 - 9:11 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, Feb 14 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Former Egyptian president Hosni Mubarak is ill, the state media reported Monday.The 82-year-old former head of state is in a “severe psychological condition and is declining treatment despite his illness” but he is not in a coma, the pro-government Al-Gomhuria daily said, citing sources close to Mubarak.
The Egyptian daily Al-Masry Al-Youm Sunday reported that Mubarak was gravely ill and had slipped into a coma after mass protests forced him out of power last Friday.
He is now believed to be in the seaside resort of Sharm el-Sheikh. Last year, Mubarak travelled to Germany for gall bladder surgery.
He stepped down Friday and handed over power to the country’s military, after 18 days of widespread anti-government protests.
On Sunday, the military leadership dissolved parliament and suspended the constitution.
- Mubarak 'very sick', fainting due to depression - Feb 15, 2011
- Mubarak gets $339 as monthly allowance - Mar 29, 2011
- Mubarak may be transferred to prison hospital - May 26, 2011
- Former Egyptian president Mubarak hospitalised - Apr 13, 2011
- "Very sick man" Mubarak 'fainting' due to psychological stress - Feb 15, 2011
- Hosni Mubarak having cancer treatment in Saudi: Paper - Mar 02, 2011
- Egyptian woman seeks divorce over Ramadan cooking row - Aug 09, 2011
- Mubarak wants to die at home: report - Feb 17, 2011
- Egypt mulls transferring Mubarak to prison hospital - Apr 22, 2011
- Mubarak's assets not frozen in EU: Report - Feb 18, 2011
- Mubarak has second heart attack after being detained (Second Lead) - Apr 13, 2011
- NASA rocket to bear name of Egyptian woman killed in protests - Feb 11, 2011
- Mubarak hospitalised during questioning: state TV (Lead) - Apr 13, 2011
- Violence erupts in Cairo as Mubarak refuses to quit for now (Fourth Lead) - Feb 02, 2011
- Mubarak to apologise to Egyptian people: Paper - May 17, 2011
Tags: al gomhuria, al masry al youm, citing sources, egyptian president hosni mubarak, feb 14, gall bladder, gall bladder surgery, head of state, hosni mubarak, last friday, mass protests, military leadership, moscow, parliament, president hosni mubarak, psychological condition, ria novosti, seaside resort, sharm el, snb