HLL Lifecare to set up 100 hospitals across India by 2013March 9th, 2009 - 3:34 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, March 9 (IANS) HLL Lifecare has entered into a joint venture with Acumen Fund USA to set up 100 hospitals providing high quality service at affordable rates across India by 2013.
HLL Lifecare chairman and managing director M. Ayyappan said the joint venture company is a 50:50 equity partnership between his firm and Acumen Fund, a non-profit philanthropy venture fund.
Currently there are six Life Spring Hospitals that are working in Andhra Pradesh under the joint venture.
“Next fiscal we will set up another six in Andhra Pradesh, four in Maharashtra and are planning eight in Karnataka. By 2011, there would be 30 and by 2013, the number would touch 100,” Ayyappan told IANS.
The highlight of these hospitals is that a normal delivery would cost just Rs.1,499 which includes the entire cost of medical care and two days of hospitalisation.
Caesarean deliveries would cost Rs.5,999, including five days in the hospital.
“This is being done to see that the weaker sections of the society too get quality healthcare,” said Ayyappan.
HLL Lifecare, formerly Hindustan Latex Limited - is a “mini ratna” enterprise under the central health and family welfare ministry and a leading provider of a wide range of contraceptives, hospital and pharma products and health care solutions.
- Natural gas to power HLL Lifecare factories - Jul 07, 2011
- HLL Lifecare launches herbal products - Dec 22, 2011
- Female condom yet to gain acceptability - Sep 11, 2012
- After condoms, HLL Life Care now turns to sanitary napkins - Nov 07, 2011
- HLL Lifecare opens one-stop medical outlet in Kerala - Sep 30, 2011
- Campaign launched for shy condom buyers - Jul 11, 2011
- HLL Lifecare floats subsidiary for vaccine complex - Apr 30, 2012
- Female condom fails to gain popularity - Jul 03, 2012
- HLL ties up with IGNOU for healthcare education - Nov 12, 2011
- HLL Life Care ends fiscal 2009-10 with record turnover - Apr 21, 2010
- Moods among top three condom brands in UAE - Jan 06, 2011
- Hindustan Latex, Acumen Fund to build hospitals in India - Mar 18, 2008
- Now, free condoms, contraceptives at your doorstep! - Jun 18, 2011
- Condom maker HLL setting up vaccine project - Jan 15, 2010
- HLL Lifecare expects 40 percent growth in 2008-09 - Mar 09, 2009
Tags: acumen fund, ayyappan, central health, contraceptives, deliveries, equity partnership, family welfare, health care solutions, high quality service, joint venture company, karnataka, life spring, lifecare, maharashtra, managing director, medical care, normal delivery, quality healthcare, venture fund, welfare ministry