Himachal to open drug de-addiction centresJune 26th, 2011 - 10:34 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, June 26 (IANS) Himachal Pradesh will open drug de-addiction centres in all its districts as well as launch campaigns to enforce the law against traders selling tobacco products near educational institutions, Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal said here Sunday.
“Drug de-addiction centres in all the 12 districts would be opened soon and a special campaign would be launched against those who are selling tobacco products within a radius of 100 yards of educational institutions,” Dhumal said at a function to mark the International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking.
He said a toll-free helpline would also be started to provide information on drug de-addiction.
At present, the government is running four drug de-addiction centres in the state.
- Shimla declared smoke-free city - Oct 02, 2010
- Punjab does a reality check as a 'drugged' state - Jul 01, 2010
- Consider making police stations tobacco-free: Delhi High Court - Jun 12, 2012
- High drop-out rate hits Delhi's tobacco cessation centres - Jun 04, 2012
- Tobacco Laws And Their Implementation - The Horror of Reality - May 12, 2010
- J -K Police organize camp to create awareness about drug abuse - Jun 27, 2010
- Srinagar shuts tobacco shops near schools - Feb 08, 2012
- Punjab to bring law for de-addiction centres - Dec 23, 2009
- Mizoram get tough against tobacco use and drug abuse - Oct 08, 2011
- Tripura to punish use of tobacco, drug in public places - Jul 20, 2012
- How to detox - Delhi centres show the way - Aug 29, 2012
- Central government schools to become tobacco free - Feb 28, 2012
- China arrests 12,000 for selling drugs online - Oct 30, 2011
- Body Shop to fight human trafficking in India (With Image) - Jun 29, 2011
- Drug addiction, a curse for youth in border areas of Punjab - May 04, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,