Himachal defers ban on gutka till OctoberJuly 17th, 2012 - 5:48 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, July 17 (IANS) Less than a week after imposing a blanket ban on the manufacture, storage and sale of ‘gutka’ (tobacco paan masala) and its variants in the state, the Himachal Pradesh government Tuesday deferred its ban.
The ban on ‘gutka’ and other tobacco products has been put off till Oct 2, an official statement quoting Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal said.
It said the decision in this regard was taken by Dhumal on the appeal of retailers to enable them exhaust their stocks.
Himachal Pradesh has joined a handful of states, including Maharashtra, Kerala and Madhya Pradesh, to impose total ban on ‘gutka’.
- Himachal directed to ban smoking at public places - Jul 24, 2012
- Himachal bans gutkha, paan masala - Jul 13, 2012
- Kerala bans gutka, paan masala (Lead) - May 25, 2012
- Kerala bans gutka, paan masala (Second Lead, superseding earlier story) - May 26, 2012
- Gutka ban welcome, needs to be effective, say Delhiites - Sep 11, 2012
- Rajasthan bans gutka, plans fines up to Rs.10 lakh - Jul 18, 2012
- Bombay HC upholds ban on gutka, pan masala - Sep 17, 2012
- Madhya Pradesh bans tobacco-mixed 'gutka' - Apr 01, 2012
- Chandy writes to Jayalalithaa on smuggling of tobacco products - Sep 05, 2012
- Haryana bans gutka, pan masala from Aug 15 - Jul 20, 2012
- Jharkhand bans sale, manufacturing of gutka - Jul 24, 2012
- Punjab bans gutka, pan masala - Aug 27, 2012
- Himachal bans throwing 'gutka' sachets in public places - Apr 22, 2010
- Cigarettes, bidis costlier in Himchal - Apr 01, 2011
- UP considers banning gutka, paan masala - May 24, 2012