Haryana to spend Rs.15 bn on health infrastructureApril 6th, 2010 - 7:19 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, April 6 (IANS) On the eve of the World Health Day, the Haryana government Tuesday announced a Rs.15 billion (Rs.1,500 crore) plan to add new health infrastructure and upgrade nine hospitals.
Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda said here that hospitals were being upgraded at Bhiwani, Rohtak, Faridabad, Gurgaon, Sonepat, Panipat, Karnal, Panchkula and Hisar as per the Indian public health standards.
“The buildings of these hospitals are being renovated. The hospitals will be equipped with latest medical instruments like endoscopes, echo machines, laproscopes and ventilators,” Hooda said.
Hooda said CT scan machines are being installed at Rewari and Karnal.
“New hospital building at Kaithal, Jhajjar, Palwal and Bahadurgarh are ready. New medical colleges are being set up at Mewat, Sonepat and Karnal to give impetus to medical education,” he added.
Health Minister Geeta Bhukkal said that seven new community health centres (CHCs), 33 primary health centres (PHCs) and 28 new sub centres have also been established during the last year.
“A free Swasthya Vahan Sewa number 102, a system of referral transport, has been started to shift patients from an accident site to the nearest medical facility.
“The service also aims to reduce maternal mortality rate and infant mortality rate by ensuring that pregnant women reach heath care centres for delivery in time,” the health minister said.
- Haryana sets up police stations to check power, water theft - Feb 05, 2011
- Punjab clears Rs.320 crore plan for new and upgraded hospitals - May 15, 2010
- Over 7,000 vacancies vacant for rural doctors - Aug 24, 2012
- Special police stations to tackle power, water theft - Dec 06, 2011
- Haryana to have panchayat elections in 8 districts - Jun 15, 2010
- UP government rolls out 133 ambulances - Sep 14, 2012
- Haryana to have three new medical colleges - Apr 15, 2010
- Yoga, homoeopathy to be integrated with healthcare in UP - Sep 17, 2012
- Rural India is short of 16,000 doctors - Mar 09, 2011
- Haryana gears up to be education hub - Oct 04, 2010
- Hooda reshuffles portfolios of top ministers - Jun 14, 2011
- Haryana panchayat polls June 6, 12 - May 16, 2010
- Hooda reshuffles portfolios of top ministers (Lead) - Jun 15, 2011
- Commendable progress made in rural health: official - Feb 27, 2011
- Haryana wants central funding for NCR area - Dec 27, 2011
Tags: bahadurgarh, bhupinder singh hooda, community health centres, haryana government, health infrastructure, health minister, hisar, infant mortality rate, maternal mortality rate, medical colleges, medical instruments, palwal, panchkula, phcs, public health standards, rewari, rohtak, scan machines, sonepat, world health day