Haryana polio-free since 2010: OfficialJuly 10th, 2012 - 7:48 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, July 10 (IANS) No new case of polio has been reported in Haryana since January 2010 and it is free from the disease, a health official said here Tuesday.
“Haryana has been a polio-free state since January 2010 and no case of polio has been found in the state,” said a spokesman of the National Rural Health Mission (NRHM).
Denying reports that a minor girl in Karnal district was suffering from polio, the spokesman said that the girl had been notified and examined in November last year by doctors.
Sneh, daughter of Sher Singh and resident of village Darbarki Khurd, was found to be suffering from an ailment other than polio, he said.
“Sneh was notified by Dr. Dahiya, paediatrician, and investigated by Dr. Shashi Prabha, deputy civil surgeon, Karnal, on Nov 18, 2011 and found to be a case of non-polio enterovirus (NPEV),” the spokesman said.
He further said: “This is a case of acute flaccid paralysis (AFP). We do surveillance of polio by reporting and investigating all AFP cases. There are many causes of AFP and all AFP cases are examined in the laboratory to confirm whether these are polio or not.”
“As many as 519 AFP cases have been reported in the current financial year from April till date. The case of Sneh is one of them,” he added.
He said that the Pulse Polio campaign was being effectively implemented in Haryana to keep it polio-free.
- West Bengal polio case false alarm, says health ministry - Mar 30, 2012
- Indian Olympic athletes appeal to root out polio - Aug 02, 2012
- Polio-free Southeast Asia within reach: WHO - Sep 05, 2012
- 'Low chances of polio coming to India from Pakistan' - May 31, 2012
- Polio funds get a boost in India: Rotary International - Feb 10, 2012
- Pakistani daily lauds India for no polio cases in 2011 - Jan 14, 2012
- 'Ensure regular vaccination to make India polio free' - Feb 23, 2012
- Pakistan committed to eradicate polio this year: Gilani - Jan 28, 2012
- A year of no polio: India triumphs, but risks remains (Lead) - Jan 11, 2012
- Fighting diarrhoea to eradicate polio - Sep 16, 2009
- Polio under control but India aims at eradication: Azad - Oct 23, 2011
- Indian firm joins Nigeria's polio battle (With Images) - Feb 23, 2012
- Over 17 crore kids get polio vaccine - Feb 19, 2012
- WHO lauds India's year without polio (Lead) - Jan 13, 2012
- President Patil launches 2011 'Pulse Polio' campaign - Jan 22, 2011
Tags: acute flaccid paralysis, afp cases, ailment, civil surgeon, dahiya, enterovirus, health official, khurd, national rural health, national rural health mission, new case, paediatrician, polio, polio campaign, prabha, pulse polio, shashi, sher singh, spokesman said that, surveillance