Harmful Bacteria Found In Hand SanitizerMarch 7th, 2010 - 8:44 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
San Juan, Puerto Rico, March 7, (THAINDIAN NEWS) A recent inspection conducted by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration at a hand sanitizer producing factory of Puerto Rico Beverage Inc. at Maunabo, has found that the hand sanitizer contains a dangerous bacteria which might cause health hazard. The government of Puerto Rico has since then instructed all the officials to visit all the stores that are selling the product and stop them from selling any unit of the product.
FDA has declared that the hand sanitizers “Bee-Shield Hand Sanitizer” and “MD Quality Hand Sanitizer” contain bacteria named Burkholderia cepacia which can prove fatal if used on skin which has cuts and infections. FDA has also added that the infection caused by the used of the sanitizer might even need surgery.
If the recent out break of swine flu has made people health conscious then on the other hand it has also led to the sprouting of many hand sanitizers producing companies in Puerto Rico. Small industries who were previously producing different products tried their luck in the new endeavor. According to reports, the consumer affairs secretary of the Caribbean territory of U.S., Luis Rivera Marin has said that the alleged company was one such local companies who have after the swine flu tired a hand in this lucrative business. He revealed that the company previously produced fruit juices and added that perhaps they were maintaining the two businesses together which have resulted to the faulty manufacturing condition. The company’s executives are absconding and the plant has been closed after the inspection.
- Study Reveals That Hand Sanitizers Can Not Prevent Cold Or Flu - Sep 17, 2010
- Roberto Duran bio-pic to begin filming in June - Apr 03, 2012
- FDA issues warning on hand sanitizers - Apr 23, 2011
- Congressional panel to investigate Tylenol's recall - May 07, 2010
- Ex-Miss Universe resumes acting career after having baby - Aug 04, 2012
- Johnson and Johnson recall Tylenol voluntarily in 2009 - Sep 29, 2009
- Sally Jackson Recalls Cheese Products Due To Potential E.Coli Contamination - Dec 20, 2010
- Abbot Laboratories Recall Around 5 million Similac-Brand Formulas From Market - Sep 23, 2010
- Taiwan launches world's first anti-swine flu spray - Oct 01, 2009
- Vicks nasal sprays recalled over bacteria fears - Nov 20, 2009
- Georgia Now Among Egg Recall Affected States - Aug 20, 2010
- New approach to study potentially deadly disease-causing bacteria - Dec 24, 2010
- Gene used by bacteria to breach plant defences identified - Mar 04, 2011
- Tylenol FDA Recall Probe Widened By House Committee - May 18, 2010
- The FDA Proclaims That Children's Medications Such As Tylenol And Benadryl Are Infected With Bacteria - May 05, 2010
Tags: caribbean territory, cepacia, dangerous bacteria, different products, food and drug administration, fruit juices, government of puerto rico, hand sanitizer, hand sanitizers, harmful bacteria, health hazard, local companies, lucrative business, luis rivera, maunabo, meena, new endeavor, quality hand, san juan puerto rico, swine flu