Hantavirus warning to 1,700 Yosemite campers

August 30th, 2012 - 2:15 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt  

The authorities of the Yosemite National Park have cautioned 1700 visitors who were hosted there on a camping season that they might have been infected by a deadly virus. They discovered this after the people went off from camping site and they blamed the Hantavirus pulmonary syndrome which has already caused two deaths of people.

They said that the bad thing about the disease is that it can easily be transmitted from one person to another meaning that it is contagious. It is said to be transmitted through the urine, saliva and faeces of an infected mice.

They specialists were called and they said that the symptoms of the infection could be noted six weeks after transmission. This is regarded as being dangerous because one will have spread the infection without knowing because the symptoms are normally not conspicuous.

They noticed that the two were infected and they hoped that they would recover but it happened in the vice verse. This is because the two could not have pushed on with their life because the infection became severe. The symptoms of the virus are fever, dizziness, chills and aches. At first, they might not sound that much vital but if not treated early it may lead to sudden death.

Related Stories

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Posted in Health |

Subscribe