Hantavirus warning to 1,700 Yosemite campersAugust 30th, 2012 - 2:15 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
The authorities of the Yosemite National Park have cautioned 1700 visitors who were hosted there on a camping season that they might have been infected by a deadly virus. They discovered this after the people went off from camping site and they blamed the Hantavirus pulmonary syndrome which has already caused two deaths of people.
They said that the bad thing about the disease is that it can easily be transmitted from one person to another meaning that it is contagious. It is said to be transmitted through the urine, saliva and faeces of an infected mice.
They specialists were called and they said that the symptoms of the infection could be noted six weeks after transmission. This is regarded as being dangerous because one will have spread the infection without knowing because the symptoms are normally not conspicuous.
They noticed that the two were infected and they hoped that they would recover but it happened in the vice verse. This is because the two could not have pushed on with their life because the infection became severe. The symptoms of the virus are fever, dizziness, chills and aches. At first, they might not sound that much vital but if not treated early it may lead to sudden death.
- Deadly mice-borne virus spreads in US national park - Sep 02, 2012
- West Nile virus kills four in US - Aug 02, 2012
- Flu transmitted before symptoms appear, says study - Aug 30, 2012
- Beware! You may be more vulnerable to hepatitis than you think (July 28 is World Hepatitis Day) - Jul 27, 2012
- Deadly Chinese outbreaks linked to new virus - Mar 23, 2011
- Research for Congo virus antidote on: Health expert - Jan 23, 2011
- West Nile virus hits US, four dead - Aug 04, 2012
- South Asia: Hot spot for cross-border diseases - Aug 14, 2012
- West Nile virus kills 46 in US' Texas state - Sep 08, 2012
- Ebola claims three more lives in DR Congo, raising death toll to 14 - Sep 06, 2012
- US man is world's first to sexually transmit insect-borne disease to wife - Apr 09, 2011
- No need to panic about CCHF virus: ICMR - Jan 19, 2011
- New antibiotic recommended for treating typhoid in low-income countries - Apr 29, 2011
- Can GM mosquitoes wipe out dengue? - Oct 24, 2010
- 200,000 Chinese children suffer from hand-foot-mouth disease - Apr 27, 2010
Tags: authorities, campers, camping site, chills, deadly virus, deaths, dizziness, faeces, fever, hantavirus pulmonary syndrome, mice, saliva, six weeks, sudden death, vice verse, yosemite, yosemite national park