Gurgaon doctors booked for death due to negligenceJuly 1st, 2012 - 9:50 pm ICT by IANS
Gurgaon, July 1 (IANS) At least six doctors from a multi-specialty hospital here were booked for causing a death due to negligence, police said Sunday.
Sunil Bedi, 40, a trader from Delhi’s Rohini, was admitted to the Medicity hospital for a lever surgery. After medical examinations, doctors told Bedi’s relatives that the patient needed 30 percent lever transplant, Suman chaddha, a relative, told the police in her complaint.
Suman’s brother Rohit Chaddha, 40, offered to be the donor. The surgery was done on May 7.
Suman alleged the team of doctors at Medicity, transplanted 69 percent part of Rohit’s liver instead of 30 percent as they had earlier said. Due to this serious negligence by doctors, Rohit died on May 30 in the hospital.
“The first information report (FIR) has named Dr.A.S. Suhen, Dr. Nain, Dr. Ravi Mohan, Dr. Sanjay, Dr.Sanjeev Sehgal and Dr. Bhalla. They have been booked under 304 A (death due to negligence) and some other sections of the Indian Penal Code,” said investigative officer Hawa Singh.
- Experts to study dead liver donor's medical report - Jul 06, 2012
- Amar Singh's medical reports paint grim picture - Sep 14, 2011
- Liver transplant in India saves Yemeni boy - Jul 27, 2012
- Chinese moms to donate liver to each other's kids - Sep 12, 2012
- India's first robotic liver transplant successful - Oct 13, 2011
- Delhi homemaker gets new heart - May 31, 2011
- World's first quadruple limb transplant - Feb 26, 2012
- Mumbai's Kokilaben hospital unveils robotic arm for surgeries (Lead) (With Image) - Jun 10, 2012
- Cross blood group transplants conducted in India - Nov 11, 2011
- 13 more blinded after cataract surgery - Oct 16, 2011
- Probe begins into children's deaths in Tirupati hospital - Aug 16, 2012
- Man in US is first to get full-face transplant - Mar 22, 2011
- First total face-transplant performed in Spain - Apr 24, 2010
- Eleven lose sight after surgery at government camp - Oct 13, 2011
- Liver transplant: Low cost gives Kerala an edge - Sep 07, 2010
Tags: brother, doctors, dr sanjay, fir, indian penal code, information report, july 1, liver, medical examinations, mohan, nain, negligence, ravi, relatives, rohini, sanjeev, sehgal, specialty hospital, suman, sunil