Global ayurveda summit in Kerala in MarchFebruary 25th, 2010 - 9:42 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, Feb 25 (IANS) Over 500 industry leaders and eminent experts from India and abroad are expected to participate in the first major international leadership forum on ayurveda. The global summit will begin in Kochi March 24.
The theme of the three-day summit conference will be Global Health Challenges: Ayurveda Solutions.
The event has been organized by the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) in association with AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy) departments of the union and Kerala governments.
The event will see an international conference, exposition and a focused business-to- business meeting platform.
Ayurveda originated in India and its practice was intense particularly in Kerala, S. Saji Kumar, convener and managing director of Dhathri Ayurveda Pvt. Ltd. told reporters Thursday.
“Exports of ayurvedic medicines have reached a value of 100 million dollars a year. The objective of the summit is to create a global market place and ensure participation of all stakeholders to share their views and jointly take action for the upliftment of ayurveda in India and globally,” said Kumar.
- Quality certificate for ayurvedic medicines - Aug 30, 2011
- Karnataka to set up yoga and naturopathy council - Feb 12, 2012
- Medicinal plants export from India jumps 137 percent - Aug 08, 2012
- India for global recognition of Ayurveda, Unani - Aug 08, 2012
- Tripura awarded for tele-homoeopathy - Nov 23, 2011
- Standards for AYUSH medical colleges to be raised - May 10, 2011
- Indian systems of medicine to be mainstreamed - Apr 09, 2010
- India wins patent dispute against China for flu medicine - Aug 06, 2010
- Rs.9.2 bn to promote Indian systems of medicine - Nov 20, 2009
- 'Stop misuse of essential oils in health products' - May 06, 2010
- Homeopathic drug may prevent swine flu - Jul 10, 2010
- 80 Ayurveda colleges denied permission to admit students - Aug 24, 2012
- Karnataka to provide Indian medicine at hospitals - Feb 10, 2012
- Yoga, homoeopathy to be integrated with healthcare in UP - Sep 17, 2012
- Pharmacopoeia commission for traditional medicine approved - May 13, 2010
Tags: ayurveda, ayurvedic medicines, business meeting, cii, confederation of indian industry, convener, eminent experts, global health, global market place, global summit, health challenges, homoeopathy, international leadership forum, kerala, naturopathy, saji, siddha, summit conference, thiruvananthapuram, upliftment