Georgia Now Among Egg Recall Affected StatesAugust 20th, 2010 - 7:04 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Georgia, Aug 20, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The massive egg recall that started last week in a handful of states has now been expanded to Georgia. A whopping 380 million egg are being recalled in several states of the USA owing to Salmonella infection. The FDA has published codes for cartons that might have the salmonella affected eggs for the advantage of the customers. The cartons with codes starting with 1942 and 1720 may contain recalled eggs. The buyers who see these codes in the egg cartons they have bought from a retailer can return the cartons to get refund. The Public Health Department has advised the users to dispose the eggs if they are in doubt over safety, even though cooking egg at high temperature destroys the bacteria.
The FDA officials said that some amount of the salmonella afflicted eggs have reached Georgia though the state health officials have not received reports of any specific hike in salmonella cases. Some food service companies and food wholesalers distribution centers have received the recalled eggs produced by the Ohio based egg farm. The state Department of Agriculture inspectors are scanning the state’s food warehouses and grocery stores for the affected eggs.
The state’s health officials are on tenterhooks. The District Environmental Health Director DeWayne Tanner said that the residents should be alert and watch out for the known symptoms of salmonella among family members. The Public Health Department in the state has issued precautions to prevent a mass outbreak of salmonella in Georgia. The safe eggs also need to be handled with care and anyone in doubt can consult the FDA website for staying updated.
- Wright County Egg to recall 228 million eggs because of fears of salmonella contamination - Aug 18, 2010
- Del Monte announce a cantaloupe recall - Mar 25, 2011
- Wright County Egg Recall List Continues To Expand - Aug 19, 2010
- Egg Farms That Are Eyeing Profit Amidst Nationwide Recall - Aug 20, 2010
- Eggs recalled in US over salmonella scare - Nov 10, 2010
- Has Recalled Eggs Reached Salt Lake City? - Aug 25, 2010
- Hillandale Farms Becomes Second Iowa Farm To Recall Eggs From Market - Aug 21, 2010
- 228 million eggs to be recalled because of salmonella poisoning fears - Aug 18, 2010
- Colorado Restaurants Apparently Immune From Egg Recall - Aug 20, 2010
- Committee on Energy and Commerce requests documents related to salmonella outbreak and egg recall - Aug 24, 2010
- Egg Recall: FDA advises to avoid runny egg yolks - Aug 24, 2010
- Eggs Recalled Owing To Salmonella Infection In Ohio Farm - Nov 09, 2010
- Egg Recall Not To Affect New Jersey Much, Reports Suggest - Aug 20, 2010
- FDA: Egg Recall Could Have Been Avoided - Aug 20, 2010
- Iowa Based Wright County Egg Recalls 228 Million Eggs After Salmonella Outbreak - Aug 18, 2010
Tags: department of agriculture, distribution centers, egg cartons, egg farm, environmental health director, fda officials, fda website, food service companies, food warehouses, food wholesalers, grocery stores, high temperature, outbreak, public health department, salmonella cases, salmonella infection, state department of agriculture, state health officials, states of the usa, symptoms of salmonella