Fourth swine flu case reported in CubaMay 21st, 2009 - 2:33 pm ICT by IANS
Havana, May 21 (IANS) The Cuban health ministry has confirmed the fourth influenza A(H1N1) case in the island nation, Cuban news agency Prensa Latina reported Thursday.
According to a report in the daily Granma Wednesday, a 14-month-old Canadian child who arrived in Cuba from Toronto with his parents was diagnosed with the disease.
The child was recovering “satisfactorily” and “epidemiological surveillance measures” were applied to the child’s relatives and people who came in contact with him, the report said.
The ministry said that three other people infected with influenza A(H1N1) in Cuba had been discharged from the hospital after treatment.
- Cuban president embarks on China, Vietnam trip - Jul 03, 2012
- Cuba to give flu shots to over 600,000 people - Nov 20, 2011
- Castro's China visit to help speed up Cuban economy (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Japanese experts help Cuba to develop aqua-farms - Sep 13, 2011
- Cuba has carried out 5,000 kidney transplants - Dec 06, 2011
- Cuban publishes book on history of ballet - Feb 22, 2012
- Cuba plans to increase forest area - Aug 08, 2012
- 12 mn Brazilians vaccinated for flu - May 09, 2011
- Cuba to start clinical trials of pneumonia vaccine - May 04, 2012
- 11,000 doctors to graduate in Cuba - Jul 12, 2012
- Cuba estimates 2011 oil, gas output at four mn tonnes - Dec 22, 2011
- Cuba to enlarge farm programme to boost rice output - Dec 06, 2011
- Cuba keeps an eye on Swine flu - Apr 29, 2009
- India, Cuba to cooperate on natural medicine usage - Feb 18, 2011
- Young child among eleven H1N1 flu deaths in Jordan - Jan 23, 2011