Four new cases of dengue in DelhiJuly 13th, 2010 - 12:05 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 12 (IANS) The number of people suffering from the dreaded dengue fever is slowly rising, with four new cases being reported from the capital.
The total of patients afflicted by the fever this season is five, an official said.
Chief Medical Officer (CMO) of the Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD), N.K. Yadav said: “The fresh cases have been reported in the month of July.”
The people who tested positive were immediately admitted to Apollo, Safdarjung and Ram Manohar Lohia hospitals, said the CMO.
Dengue usually hits the capital after monsoon showers, when the mosquitoes breed in stagnant rainwater. The first case in the capital was reported in June.
Symptoms of dengue are high fever for four-five days, usually accompanied by headache and bodyache, after which the patient’s blood platelet counts begin to fall and rashes could also occur.
The health department of the MCD has issued guidelines for checking the spread of dengue. These are: cooler tanks should be emptied and dried regularly, water kept for birds should be changed regularly, containers should not be kept in the open, water tanks should be tightly covered with lids, unused containers should be kept upside down and water should not be allowed to accumulate near homes.
- Dengue arrives in Delhi, before season - Jul 04, 2010
- As dengue stalks Delhi, hospitals struggle to cope (Feature) - Sep 14, 2010
- Hospitals report high dengue cases, civic body says otherwise - Aug 21, 2010
- Massive cleaning up in Delhi to tackle dengue (Lead) - Sep 03, 2010
- 76 more dengue cases in Delhi - Sep 14, 2010
- Delhi reports year's first dengue case - Mar 21, 2011
- 68 more dengue cases in Delhi, total now 2,153 - Sep 17, 2010
- Viral fever grips Gurgaon - Sep 09, 2012
- Delhi grapples with dengue, cases cross 2,500 mark - Sep 23, 2010
- 68 dengue cases, Delhi total 4,747 - Oct 20, 2010
- 73 more dengue cases push Delhi total to 2,085 - Sep 16, 2010
- 72 more dengue cases in Delhi - Sep 19, 2010
- 75 more dengue cases in Delhi, total now 2,371 - Sep 20, 2010
- 27 new dengue cases push total to 6,100 in Delhi - Nov 19, 2010
- 95 more dengue cases in Delhi - Sep 23, 2010
Tags: blood platelet, bodyache, cmo, dengue fever, health department, high fever, lids, lohia, manohar, medical officer, monsoon showers, month of july, municipal corporation of delhi, municipal corporation of delhi mcd, open water, rainwater, safdarjung, symptoms of dengue, water tanks, yadav