Four-month-old dies in incubator in Allahabad hospitalMay 3rd, 2009 - 6:12 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, May 3 (IANS) A four-month-old boy died in an incubator in a private hospital in Allahabad after the nurse allegedly forgot to turn off a phototherapy unit, police said.
Divyansh was suffering from jaundice and was admitted to the Jagriti Hospital Friday evening. He died Saturday.
“The doctors said he will be kept in an incubator and will also be administered phototherapy as he was having problems in breathing. However, the nurse forgot to switch off the unit Friday night and Divyansh was found dead Saturday afternoon,” boy’s father Pankaj Tripathi said in his police complaint.
“We are investigating the incident,” inspector R.K. Singh of Civil Lines police station told IANS by phone.
“We are waiting for the post-mortem examination report and strict action will be taken against the hospital if the allegations are found to be true”, chief medical officer of Allahabad R.K. Sinha told IANS by phone.
- Two infants die in incubator due to short circuit - Mar 09, 2011
- Infant dies after removal from Punjab hospital incubator, probe ordered - Jul 26, 2012
- Court seeks original records from army on officer's death - May 03, 2012
- Doctor arrested for selling corpses (Lead) - Nov 18, 2010
- Chhattisgarh cop suspended for youth's custodial death - Feb 22, 2012
- Rajasthan minister Ramlal Jat quits - Nov 13, 2011
- Doctor suspended for hiding evidence in rape-murder of Dalit teen - Jan 28, 2011
- Boy of 13 beaten to death for coal theft in Jharkhand - Oct 07, 2011
- Custodial death victim died of internal injuries: Autopsy - Feb 22, 2012
- 3 arrested for Punjab hospital fire tragedy - Feb 21, 2011
- Doctor's death in jail: Family moves Supreme Court (Lead) - Jul 07, 2011
- Two leopards found dead in UP - Mar 26, 2012
- Afghan doctor found dead in Delhi - Jun 22, 2011
- Three oil plant workers suffocate to death - Jan 09, 2012
- Delhi university student commits suicide - Apr 28, 2012
Tags: allahabad, allegations, friday evening, friday night, incubator, jagriti, jaundice, lucknow, medical officer, mortem examination, pankaj, phototherapy unit, police complaint, police station, post mortem, private hospital, r k sinha, saturday afternoon, strict action, tripathi