Five more swine flu cases in LucknowAugust 23rd, 2012 - 10:59 am ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Aug 23 (IANS) Five more cases of swine flue were reported in the Uttar Pradesh capital Thursday, a day after an elderly person died of the virus here.
Samples of five people, brought to Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences (SGPGI) with symptoms of the dreaded H1N1 virus, were found positive, doctors said.
T.N. Dhole, head of SGPGI’s microbiology department, confirmed the swine flu cases.
Three of the infected people were SGPGI staffers, two of them technicians. The other two are from the city’s Telibagh area.
An elderly person from the city’s Gomtinagar area had died of swine flu at a private hospital Wednesday.
Meanwhile, dengue too is spreading in the city with four people testing positive for the fever.
The health department has swung into action to control the spread of swine flue and dengue.
Last year too, many cases of the two diseases were reported in the city.
- Swine flu patients swell to 56 in Lucknow - Sep 03, 2012
- Senior citizen dies of swine flu in Lucknow - Aug 22, 2012
- Three more swine flu cases in Uttar Pradesh, tally 19 - Aug 13, 2009
- Two fresh swine flu cases take Uttar Pradesh's count to 53 - Aug 24, 2009
- Two more swine flu cases detected in Lucknow - Aug 22, 2009
- '2009 swine flu pandemic won't return to Maharashtra' - Apr 04, 2012
- First swine flu death in Mumbai - Apr 13, 2012
- Eight new swine flu cases in Uttar Pradesh, total now 27 - Aug 16, 2009
- Eight new H1N1 cases in Uttar Pradesh - Aug 26, 2009
- 'Travel, urbanisation have led to 50-fold rise in dengue cases' - Sep 17, 2012
- Swine flu spreading rapidly in Andhra, toll 20 - Aug 05, 2010
- 58 Mexicans die of flu - Feb 06, 2012
- Chandigarh man dies of swine flu - Aug 28, 2010
- Mexican swine flu outbreak kills 29, infects nearly 1,500 - Jan 28, 2012
- Swine flu cases in Uttar Pradesh rise to 16 - Aug 13, 2009
Tags: dhole, diseases, doctors, elderly person, fever, flu, flu cases, flue, graduate institute, health department, medical sciences, microbiology department, post graduate, private hospital, sanjay gandhi, sgpgi, staffers, swine flu, uttar pradesh capital, virus