First swine flu death in MumbaiApril 13th, 2012 - 8:06 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, April 13 (IANS) Swine flu claimed its first victim in Mumbai as a 23-year-old pregnant woman died in a hospital after she contracted the deadly H1N1 virus, an official said here Friday.
Trushali Divade died Thursday.
“Divade was referred to J.J. hospital Tuesday from Dhule district. She was eight months into her pregnancy. She also suffered from bilateral pneumonia leading to severe respiratory distress,” hospital Dean T.P. Lahane told IANS.
Divade, who went into labour Wednesday, suffered an intra-uterine foetal demise, leading to a stillbirth, a doctor said.
Reports confirming that she had contracted the H1N1 virus came only after she died, a doctor said.
The number of swine flu cases in the city rose to 14 Thursday, since March, after a 28-year-old woman from Andheri and a 37-year-old man from Sewri tested positive for H1N1.
According to health officials, in 2009-10 and 2010-11, there were over 10,000 positive cases of H1N1 registered in India.
So far, 392 cases of swine flu have been recorded in Maharashtra. Out of these patients, 15 have died.
- Five more swine flu cases in Lucknow - Aug 23, 2012
- Swine flu patients swell to 56 in Lucknow - Sep 03, 2012
- '2009 swine flu pandemic won't return to Maharashtra' - Apr 04, 2012
- Swine flu returns to Andhra, two fresh cases in Hyderabad - Jun 19, 2010
- Woman dies of swine flu in Delhi, toll rises to 15 - Aug 13, 2010
- 81 Mexicans die of swine flu - Feb 12, 2012
- Two swine flu deaths in Orissa (Lead) - Aug 02, 2010
- Chandigarh man dies of swine flu - Aug 28, 2010
- Swine flu rising in Russia, Europe - Jan 17, 2011
- Amritsar woman dies of Swine Flu - Aug 10, 2010
- Two die of swine flu in Orissa, toll seven - Aug 11, 2010
- Four swine flu deaths, 23 infections in Andhra - Jun 26, 2010
- Swine Flu cases in Maharastra, Andhra Pradesh - Aug 05, 2010
- Orissa reports first swine flu death this year - Aug 02, 2010
- Two more swine flu cases in Chandigarh - Nov 02, 2009
Tags: andheri, bilateral pneumonia, dean, demise, eight months, first victim, flu, flu cases, h1n1, health officials, labour, mumbai, old man, old woman, pneumonia, pregnancy, pregnant woman, respiratory distress, stillbirth, swine flu