FIR against Sikar government hospital headAugust 28th, 2012 - 12:08 am ICT by IANS
Jaipur, Aug 27 (IANS) A FIR was lodged against a superintendent of a government hospital for alleged negligence after a 23-year old woman and her newly-born daughter died Monday in Rajasthan’s Sikar town, police said.
The deaths were followed by a violent demonstration by the victim’s family members. According to the police, the incident occurred at Government Women’s Hospital in the town, some 150-km from Jaipur.
“One Ratani Devi had been admitted in the hospital around 11 a.m. Saturday. She gave birth to a baby girl Sunday. However, she fell sick and died a few hours after the delivery. The child also died after the mother’s death,” a police officer said.
The officer said the Ratani Devi’s family members accused the doctors at the hospital of negligence.
“They alleged that no one attended the Ratani Devi at the time of the child delivery. Demanding action against the hospital superintendent, they staged a demonstration for over six hours following which a team from the nearby police station was rushed to hospital,” said the officer.
The officer added that the Ratani Devi’s husband Deenaram lodged a first information report (FIR) against the hospital superintendent and senior doctor Pusha Pariwal.
- Israeli woman dies in Rajasthan hospital, case lodged - May 30, 2011
- More contaminated medicines found in Rajasthan hospital - Jul 22, 2011
- Relatives create ruckus after woman's death in hospital - Jun 14, 2012
- Bus driver charges civic officers with negligence for pothole - Jan 11, 2012
- Doctors stole my minor son's kidney, says Rajasthan man - Jul 21, 2012
- 16-year-old girl in Rajasthan alleges gang rape - Jun 29, 2012
- Probe ordered into Rajasthan hospital deaths - Sep 02, 2011
- Jodhpur pregnancy deaths: Toll rises to 16 - Mar 13, 2011
- Second case of rats mutilation in Rajasthan - Jan 14, 2012
- Rajasthan woman sells son for Rs.40,000, held - Aug 09, 2012
- Parents booked over malnourished kid's death (Lead) - Dec 16, 2011
- Probe begins into children's deaths in Tirupati hospital - Aug 16, 2012
- Four killed in two Rajasthan road accidents - Aug 22, 2012
- Six killed in Rajasthan accident - Jul 27, 2012
- Parents booked over malnourished kid's death - Dec 16, 2011
Tags: baby girl, child delivery, deaths, doctors, family members, fir, government hospital, government women, information report, nearby police station, negligence, old woman, police officer, rajasthan, ratani, s hospital, six hours, superintendent, town police, violent demonstration