Find kidnapped doctors or face strike, says Bihar medicosNovember 2nd, 2009 - 12:01 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, Nov 2 (IANS) The Indian Medical Association (IMA) Monday threatened to paralyse medical services in Bihar if the two doctors who were allegedly abducted nearly forty-eight hours ago in the state’s Samastipur district were not found soon.
The association also protested against the “police’s failure” in recovering the abducted doctors.
A.K. Sahay and Santosh Kumar, doctors who work at a nursing home located in a village, went missing late Saturday evening from Sahpur Patauri in Samastipur. They were abducted when they were out on work, a police official said.
“Police have failed to make any breakthrough, though two suspected people involved in the abduction were detained,” an official in Samastipur said.
A hunt has been launched to find the doctors after their motorcycles were recovered and investigations have begun in the case, he added.
“A special police team has been constituted to look into the case,” Deputy Inspector General (Darbhanga range) Baldeo Prasad said.
Their families suspect that both were kidnapped over a property dispute.
Abductions are common in Bihar for ransom and revenge. According to police sources here, 45 people have been abducted for ransom in the state from January to July this year. Last year, 32 people were kidnapped during the same period.
Nearly four months ago, the Bihar government said that between 2001 and 2009, 2,167 children had been kidnapped. Of them, 1,752 were found and 75 killed while the fate of 340 was still unknown.
- Doctors abducted in Bihar resurface (Lead) - Nov 02, 2009
- Two doctors abducted in Bihar - Nov 01, 2009
- Families of Bihar kidnapped spend dark Diwali - Oct 18, 2009
- Bihar teenager goes missing - Aug 28, 2009
- Fate of hundreds of abducted children in Bihar unknown - Jul 07, 2009
- Kidnapping a special curse for sisters in Bihar - Aug 06, 2009
- Sad Rakhi for sisters of kidnapping victims in Bihar (Lead) - Aug 06, 2009
- Death of two kidnapped men in Patna bring fear to the fore again - Aug 12, 2009
- Doctor abducted in Bihar, police clueless (Lead) - Jan 12, 2011
- Doctor abducted in Bihar - Jan 11, 2011
- Dumb woman killed, body chopped in Bihar - Apr 17, 2012
- Bihar student's kidnappers demand Rs.10 mn ransom - Mar 01, 2012
- Maoists abduct official, three workers - Apr 06, 2012
- Body of abducted boy found - Oct 27, 2011
- Kidnapped student rescued, three held (Lead) - Mar 01, 2012
Tags: abducted, abductions, baldeo, bihar government, darbhanga, deputy inspector general, eight hours, indian medical association, late saturday evening, police official, police sources, police team, prasad, property dispute, ransom, sahay, samastipur, santosh kumar, special police, two doctors