Experts to study dead liver donor’s medical reportJuly 6th, 2012 - 12:10 am ICT by IANS
Gurgaon, July 5 (IANS) The medical report of a 40-year-old man, who died at a hospital here after donating a portion of his liver to a relative, has been sent to experts in Chandigarh, police said Thursday.
Rohit Chaddha, 40, died at Medanta Medicity hospital here May 30.
Gurgaon Deputy Commissionerof Police (East) Maheshwar Dayal said the medical reports of the liver-transplantation had been sent to the Post-Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh.
He told IANS: “We have sought the opinion of the PGIMER experts on the medical propriety of the entire transplantation exercise.”
On being asked whether a board of doctors would be constituted to examine the reports and give their opinion, Dayal maintained that it was up to the PGIMER director.
The family members of Chaddha have lodged a first information report (FIR) against the Medicity management and the team of doctors, including A.S. Suhen, Ravi Mohan, Sanjeev Sehgal, who performed the procedure May 7.
Chaddha’s brother Suman is the complainant in the case.
- Gurgaon doctors booked for death due to negligence - Jul 01, 2012
- 6-month-old, Asia's youngest, operated for rare bleeding disorder - Sep 22, 2010
- Three booked for wrong blood transfusion - Jun 15, 2011
- India's first robotic liver transplant successful - Oct 13, 2011
- PGIMER's first liver transplant patient dies - May 15, 2011
- PGIMER performs its first liver transplant surgery - Apr 20, 2011
- A death that gave life to five people - Apr 21, 2011
- Marathon liver transplant saves three toddlers (with Images) - Jan 17, 2012
- Baby dies in womb due to wrong blood group transfusion - Dec 18, 2010
- Dead Pakistani teenager's liver transplanted - Aug 13, 2011
- Innovative liver surgery saves 2-year-old Omani girl - Jul 04, 2012
- Save lives, become an organ donor (Nov 27 is World Organ Donation Day) - Nov 27, 2010
- 'Lack of organ donors affecting liver transplants' - Jan 19, 2012
- Myanmar builds first liver transplant hospital - Jul 10, 2011
- Chinese moms to donate liver to each other's kids - Sep 12, 2012
Tags: complainant, dayal, graduate institute, gurgaon, information report, liver donor, liver transplantation, maheshwar, medical education, medical report, medical reports, mohan, pgimer, post graduate, propriety, ravi, rohit, sanjeev, sehgal, suman