Ehlers Danlos Syndrome Patient Recovers Wearing Miracle Lycra SuitAugust 3rd, 2010 - 7:24 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
London, England, Aug 3, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Olivia Court has spent the first three years of her life lying in a hospital bed. The three year old toddler is a victim of the ‘ehlers danlos syndrome’ reported doctors as soon as she was born. In the very rare genetic disorder, the sufferer loses the ability to walk and move about because of the excessive hypermobility that the disease is characterized with. Olivia is now in perfect health though. Undergoing a special treatment that can best be described as a miracle, Olivia Court can now walk and run around like any normal child.
According to medical reports, a special bodysuit, which is being referred to as Olivia’s ’second skin’ has helped the toddler to overcome the pain and bone dislocation involved in the ‘ehlers danlos syndrome’. Coming at a price of $4000, the suit keeps the bones in the different joints of the human body in place, thus reducing the possibilities of a dislocation and breakage.
Olivia Court had been a patient at the Great Ormond Street Hospital in London ever since she was born but has now been released after it was reported that she could run and play wearing the special lycra suit which is available only in Australia. Her doctors in London are hopeful about the fact that the suit will also strengthen her muscles some day, so that she can move about without wearing her ’second skin’. It was not easy for her parents to acquire the new suit though. Being highly priced, they took the help of a local community group in Leicestershire named Barwell and Earl Shilton Lions Club to collect the fund required to make the purchase.
- Lady Gaga: Silk Undergarments Enhance Her Creativity! - Nov 25, 2010
- Christina Hendricks wants to play Wonder Woman - Dec 23, 2010
- Scientist, designer create bodysuit to fend off malaria - May 09, 2012
- Lady Gaga Delivers "Smashing" Performance At American Music Awards - Nov 23, 2009
- Iraqi woman undergoes hip replacement in Delhi - Jul 06, 2011
- Rihanna turns Marilyn Monroe for magazine shoot - Oct 04, 2011
- Nupur Talwar in Dasna jail after bail plea rejected - Apr 30, 2012
- Brit woman delivers baby boy after 20-day labour! - Jun 03, 2010
- Scientists shed light on how bone's material flaws lead to disease - Aug 05, 2009
- Illness makes Brit woman a sexual predator - Jul 04, 2010
- Preetika Thinks Retro Look Should Return - Jan 20, 2011
- Now, female condom Rape-aXe with 'teeth' to hit rapists where it hurts - Jun 21, 2010
- 23-year-old woman ages 50 years in just days! - Oct 13, 2011
- Genetic disorder turns 9-yr-old Brit girl into 'Jekyll and Hyde' - Nov 15, 2010
- Olivia Wilde files for divorce - Mar 12, 2011
Tags: barwell, bodysuit, bone dislocation, community group, doctors in london, earl shilton, ehlers danlos syndrome, gina gomez, great ormond street, great ormond street hospital, hypermobility, joints of the human body, lions club, london england, medical reports, new suit, perfect health, rare genetic disorder, second skin, sufferer