Egg Recall: FDA advises to avoid runny egg yolksAugust 24th, 2010 - 7:52 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Washington DC, Aug 24 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The Food and Drugs Administration in the United States said that they do not expect the number of eggs recalled during the salmonella outbreak to grow beyond the 550 million already recalled. The FDA officials also advised the people to be on the safer side and avoid runny egg yolks.
The recall was carried out in two Iowa farms in the United States and investigators are trying to figure out if other farms have also been affected. Already, the FDA has dispatched more than 20 FDA officials to investigate the possible cause of the outbreak. The team is expected to release their preliminary findings later on in this week.
The two farms that caused the initial outbreaks are Wright County Egg and Hillandale Farms. The two farms earlier received letters from the House Energy and Commerce Committee to send a detailed report of their operations to the committee.
Investigators suspect that the contamination might have happened at the farm location because the chicks were free from illness when they were hatched earlier at a Minnesota hatchery.
Already health officials are on standby because they expect reports of life threatening illness from people who have consumed the eggs especially those with weakened immune system. Authorities say they expect more than 1,300 people to get sick from consuming the eggs.
- Hillandale Farms Becomes Second Iowa Farm To Recall Eggs From Market - Aug 21, 2010
- 228 million eggs to be recalled because of salmonella poisoning fears - Aug 18, 2010
- Wright County Egg to recall 228 million eggs because of fears of salmonella contamination - Aug 18, 2010
- Egg Farm Had Salmonella Contamination Since 2008 - Sep 15, 2010
- Committee on Energy and Commerce requests documents related to salmonella outbreak and egg recall - Aug 24, 2010
- Iowa Based Wright County Egg Recalls 228 Million Eggs After Salmonella Outbreak - Aug 18, 2010
- Wright County Egg Recall List Continues To Expand - Aug 19, 2010
- Salmonella Contamination In Wright County Farm Eggs Dates Back To 2008 - Sep 15, 2010
- Outburst Of Salmonella Ignites A Recall Of Innumerable Eggs - Aug 18, 2010
- Investigative Panel: Egg Farm was well aware of the salmonella contamination - Sep 15, 2010
- Eggs recalled in US over salmonella scare - Nov 10, 2010
- One Of Largest US Egg Companies Issue Recall Due to Salmonella - Aug 18, 2010
- Egg Recall Raises Concern About Salmonella Infection - Aug 19, 2010
- FDA: Egg Recall Could Have Been Avoided - Aug 20, 2010
- Has Recalled Eggs Reached Salt Lake City? - Aug 25, 2010
Tags: authorities, chicks, commerce committee, committee investigators, contamination, drugs administration, egg yolks, eggs, farm location, fda, fda officials, hatchery, health officials, hillandale farms, iowa farms, safer side, salmonella outbreak, united states, washington dc, weakened immune system