Eatery In Denver Serves Food Laced With Legal Amounts Of PotDecember 18th, 2009 - 9:02 pm ICT by GD
By Madhuri Dey
Dec. 18, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Pot has been made legal in some of the states of America. Taking advantage of the new found freedom, an eatery in Denver has come up with the innovative idea of serving the herb in a method different from all the paraphernalia that generally goes with it. Instead of the regular modes that cannabis can be taken in, the eatery, ingeniously named Ganja Gourmet, is serving it up in the form of a delicious platter of food.
Ganja Gourmet was originally a medical shop that used to sell marijuana for medical purposes. With the legalization of the herb, the owners of the shop came up with the idea of selling food laced with the herb. The idea is to provide cannabis to those who like it, but are reluctant to smoke or inhale it in any of the traditional methods. The various products that are available in the eatery are the pot lasagna, Panama Red Pizza and the marijuana tapenade, which is actually an olive tapenade laced with weed, called “ganjenade”. The items are, as suggested by the names, laced with the legal amount of medical marijuana.
In fact. Ganja Gourmet is not the only one that is cashing in on the legalization of cannabis for medicinal purposes. In a Caribbean food joint in Mile-High City, classes instructing people about putting marijuana in full course meals are in the pipeline. A television show called “Cannabis Planet” is already on air in Southern California that has a cookery segment that specializes in using marijuana in various dishes like sandwiches and chicken and shrimp preparations.
- Got the munchies? Try Oakland prof's savoury cannabis recipes! - Dec 08, 2010
- India-inspired 'Prince of Pot' faces five-year jail in Canada - May 25, 2010
- Maine man teaches legal pot growing techniques - Apr 14, 2011
- 4/20 National Weed Day: Will It Soon Be Legal? - Apr 20, 2010
- Breckenridge Citizens Legalize Pot, Law Meant Only For Adults - Nov 05, 2009
- Medicinal marijuana shop in California offers dope-flavoured ice cream - Sep 16, 2010
- California Voters Renounce Proposition 19 To Legalize Pot - Nov 04, 2010
- 'The Social Network' actor found with pot - Jan 27, 2012
- Exercise can curb craving for drugs - Mar 11, 2011
- Girls Hospitalized After Eating Pot Cookie From Mom's Bag - Jan 27, 2011
- 2 arrested in medical marijuana robbery in Seattle - Mar 10, 2011
- Run on the treadmill to get rid of those pot cravings, says study - Mar 06, 2011
- Dependency on marijuana damages intelligence, shows study - Aug 28, 2012
- First legal marijuana café opened in America - Nov 20, 2009
- Oz food watchdog approves cannabis derived ice cream, cake, beer - Mar 16, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,