Dubai bans tobacco sale on World No Tobacco DayMay 31st, 2012 - 1:13 am ICT by IANS
Dubai, May 30 (IANS/WAM) Dubai Municipality has banned sale of tobacco products for 24 hours in the entire emirate to observe the World No Tobacco Day Thursday.
The ban was announced by Redha Salaman, director of Public Health and Safety Department at Dubai Municipality Wednesday.
World No Tobacco Day is observed around the world every year May 31 and meant to encourage a 24-hour period of abstinence from all forms of tobacco consumption across the globe.
- Dubai to stop cigarette sale on World No Tobacco Day - May 31, 2011
- Dubai to observe World Migratory Bird Day - May 11, 2012
- UAE to participate in 6th World Water Forum - Mar 09, 2012
- UAE launches anti-smoking campaign - May 27, 2010
- Dubai health authority launches anti-smoking hotline - Jun 14, 2012
- Shop till midnight in Dubai shopping centres - Jul 02, 2011
- Emirates Post issues stamps on Arab Postal Day - Aug 16, 2012
- UAE ranked 23rd innovation-based economy globally - Jul 04, 2012
- UAE to host international road workshop - Mar 25, 2012
- UAE, South Africa discuss judicial deal - May 28, 2011
- Emirates inaugurates A380 Service to Amsterdam - Aug 03, 2012
- Emirates to host world airline squash tournament - Oct 23, 2011
- Etihad Airways to host airline symposium - May 17, 2012
- UAE's anti-piracy meet to be held in Dubai - May 24, 2012
- UAE promises 'a very special EXPO 2020' in Dubai - Jun 16, 2012