Door-to-door garbage collection in 8 Rajasthan citiesJuly 5th, 2012 - 5:31 am ICT by IANS
Jaipur, July 4 (IANS) The Rajasthan government Wednesday announced a door-to-door garbage collection policy for eight major cities, including Jaipur and Jodhpur.
“Private companies will be roped in for door-to-door garbage collection and cleaning of roads and sewerage lines. The work order regarding this has already been given to a private company for Jaipur city. Jodhpur and some other district headquarters will be included in this project over the period of one year,” a senior state government official told IANS.
The decision was taken at a state cabinet meeting presided over by Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot.
The charges for sanitation, including garbage collection and cleaning of roads and sewerage lines, will be added to the electricity bills of consumers.
The official said the employees of the private company would go door-to-door and collect garbage every day.
“The company will also be responsible for safe disposal of the garbage.”
According to the official, residents will have to pay the sanitation charges every two months.
–Indo-Asian News Serrvice
- Delhi to be sparkling clean -- before Diwali - Oct 25, 2010
- Agra outsources door-to-door garbage collection to private firm (Lead) - Dec 28, 2010
- Waste management project in major Punjab cities from October - Jun 03, 2011
- Showcase clean Delhi during Games 2010, Walia tells MCD - Jan 05, 2010
- Rajasthan to offer free medicines to all: Ashok Gehlot (Interview) - Apr 26, 2011
- Hello, This Is Nature's Call From A Garbage Heap! - Apr 07, 2012
- Agra to embark on 'door to door collection' of garbage - Dec 28, 2010
- Urban sanitation hopelessly inadequate: Parliament panel - Apr 30, 2012
- Gehlot highlights welfare schemes on I-Day - Aug 15, 2012
- Mamata raps civic bodies for negligence in preventing dengue - Sep 07, 2012
- Grenades found in Ajmer sewer line - Jul 02, 2012
- Rajasthan to offer houses to urban poor - Aug 09, 2012
- Telangana strike on, power cut in Hyderabad - Sep 21, 2011
- Taj sparkles in rain, Agra totters (Letter from Agra) - Aug 29, 2012
- 12 pregnant women die in Jodhpur hospital - Feb 24, 2011
Tags: ashok, asian news, cabinet meeting, chief minister, consumers, district headquarters, electricity bills, garbage collection, government official, indo, july 4, major cities, private companies, private company, rajasthan government, sanitation, state cabinet, state government, vm